Have you ever actually bought something from an informmercial

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never actually bought something from an informmercial where I directly call them or go online. I just purchase the As Seen On TV items in physical stores. I've always heard that when you call they try to sell you more and more that you don't want. Plus the shipping costs are usually outrageously high. I'd rather just buy it cheap in the store with no shipping costs.

2. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I've bought tons of items that I've seen on infomercials, I just don't actually buy it through the website or phone number. I've seen way too many experiences with others being double charged or accidently signing up for offers without noticing. I rather the clear cut way of ordering and receiving my items without all the additives.

3. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Those infomercials always make everything look so interesting but I'm alway's to suspicious to by anything. They make it look perfect on tv. I have bought some hair combs that were on tv but I found them at the store. I wasn't really impressed. It wasn't as easy to use as the tv made it seem. Oh well sometimes it can be fun to try. I'm just always afraid to waste the money.

4. Tecca_Nina

Tecca_NinaNew Member

Threads:
    I never have personally but every now and then if my mom sees something make-up or beauty related that she likes she'll order it. I've also bought a few novelty items from the actual stores when I was younger. I always find it interesting to go in and check the stuff out but I never really wanted to buy any of it.

You can find some extremely useful things for good prices though.

5. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I've never called an 800 number to order an infomercial product; I usually wait until I see the reviews online from other customers and then buy it at the store if it works well. But, I did have a job working in a call center that processed orders for all of those infomercials, insurance commercials, 800 numbers that you see on television. It was a very interesting experience! That alone made me very leery of buying anything from an infomercial. At least if you buy the product at the store you can take it back, without a big hassle, if it doesn't work. The order process for these products is terrible; we always had to offer loads of additional products to the callers.

The last infomercial product that I purchased was that pancake puff pan from a few years ago. It worked well enough, but those infomercials really get you worked up with excitement for an ordinary product.

6. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I get sucked into these infomercials, and it is sort of embarrassing to admit it. :D I bought the pillow pet before you could get them everywhere, and it was as advertised. Can't really mess up a stuffed animal. I have had to stop myself from buying a lot of things though, because they seem like great ideas, but I'm sure they don't do as advertised.

7. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I used to want to buy those food saver things(because they made it look so cool)
    and the cake lollipop maker thingamagigger. Yeah I'm easily sold...those things are
    really kind of interesting to me. Its like a bad trainwreck that I can't look away from.

8. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    Yes and no, if that makes sense. I saw the item on television, which made me want it, but I never actually bought it from the television. There is a 'as seen on tv' section at a few stores by my house that sell a lot of items seen on tv and I bought the item from the store. The infomercial is what led me to the product though. I've bought a few things actually and they have all lived up to what the tv ad says they are supposed to do.

9. xtinguish

xtinguishNew Member

Threads:
    My mother is always buying things off of tv. She always watches QVC and HSN. It's actually annoying with all the boxes, however she does get great deals on the stuff that she does buy. Sometimes it's just cheaper. As for some other tv commercials we don't buy things from them. They just don't seem that reliable.

10. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything directly from the infomercial. However, I have bought from the stores which are selling the items. Then I am able to look at the product and know for certain if these can be returned by the stores policy.

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything from infomercials before. Simply because I don't want to go through the trouble of calling the number, giving them my credit card information, paying shipping and processing, and waiting 4-6 weeks for it to come when it'll probably hit the Rite-Aid shelves in about two weeks. Besides, most of the As-Seen-On-TV products don't interest me in the slightest.

12. Lucky120

Lucky120New Member

Threads:
    Well I have bought from the store actually. I have never actually called the number and bought anything no. I have always purchased from a store or a website. Like when I tried the instyler I got it from their website instead of calling the number. I mean there are some good things that you will see that may work for you while there are some that are not that great at all. I have to say that I liked the instyler, but it was way too much money for both of those when I only need one. This is how they get you haha, they want you to pay for more than one item and it is something that I will not do.

13. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    I think the magic bullet (a blender) was once advertized through infomercials, but I got mine at bed bath and beyond. So I guess I did kind of get an item that was in an infomercial. I will tell you though the thing is awesome haha.

14. chassitymiller

chassitymillerNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased the Baby Bullet off of an infomercial, as well as having bought Bare Minerals make up. I love the Baby Bullet. I purchased it approximately 7 months ago because I had just delivered twin boys. Well, from making so much baby food, we actually broke it. We called the company and they were really awesome about replacing the Bullet for us. They did explain however, that we would have to pay the shipping and handling charge (which was extremely reasonable). So, it was a great experience.

When I went to purchase the Bare Minerals, I felt that it was difficult to get off of the phone with the customer service representative. She kept trying to upsell me. Then she tried locking me into a monthly program with automatic shipments. The product itself, was very good though.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on this. Most of their products are over priced and I don't buy anything from there because there are places in the mall that carry these products and are much cheaper. But myself, I'd rather buy a good product than to have to take it back and return it. It seems as though, those products are not of good quality and is a waste of money. Most of the products I've seen looks like a 0.99 item, and is not made very well, but yet they are over priced.

16. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    I've bought infomercial products when I've seen them in stores but never from calling any number I see on TV.

17. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    No directly off of TV but I have bought Ass seen on TV items on occasion from Walmart or Walgreens. My favorite has to be this screen we bought for our back door.

18. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased the Magic Bullet blender a number of years ago. It's a heck of a lot cheaper these days. I loved it, but now looking back it was something that I could have lived without!

19. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I take calls for a lot of these infomercials. We have to make the offers for other items or we get into trouble or written up if we don't. Before I became a rep my ex-boyfriend wanted me to order the Miracle blade knives which are really good. A friend is loaning me his Flavorwave oven which I do like. The downside to the Flavorwave it doesn't bake as well as it claims except I can make cookies in it, but it's great for meats and quick meals. I'm a hypocrite and ordered the H2O steam mop from a catalog on-line and absolutely love it. Ages ago i had gotten that pancake/egg pan from Target that was on an infomercial that didn't work as promised. It was this pan that you were supposed to be able to cook without oils and was supposed to flip pancakes and eggs with ease . When I flipped it made a big mess.

20. tn13

tn13New Member

Threads:
    We bought a Magic Bullet back when those were all the rage, which was decent but we never used it very much. We also bought the Red exercise seat at one point, which in my opinion was a waste. I do love the As Seen on TV stores though, if for no other reason than getting to try out some of the products!