Have You Ever Been Afraid To Say That You Read E-books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Robilas • Jul 6, 2016.

?

Have you ever been afraid to say that you read e-books?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    Why should I be afraid of saying I read ebooks? Would the reading of ebooks lead to the decline of books? No, I don't think so. Ink and paper books are just a medium to carry the thoughts of the writers. If the purpose is better served in digital form, why not? I find that reading ebooks is so much more convenient.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it is so common anymore that people are embarrassed or afraid to say that they are avid readers these days. With the Kindle and Amazon's line of e-reader products, it's more popular than ever. I much more see people reading from e-readers than physical paperback books these days.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I got a quick laugh from the question, so thanks for that, but I think that those days are really over with, at least from what I have seen. I would like to think we have all embraced them and I see more and more people using them in public, so that is certainly a good sign. Interesting to see the shift, though.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was looking for popular items to sell on ebay from Amazon, and one of the trending items is the Kindle Fire, so the days of it being embarassing to be carting around E-readers are over.

5. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    I'm proud to tell people that I read ebooks and I like boasting about the size of my digital collection of books. I always find ways to entertain and inform myself on a daily basis. I love this age that we're living in where almost any information that you could ever want is at your fingertips and usually free. Ebooks are a great way to expand your world view.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think there's nothing to be afraid of in reading E-books. I myself read E-books instead of physical books nowadays. I was a bookworm before and reading is what I do most of the day. Now that we have electronic gadgets wherein almost everything we need is in one place (music, camera, internet), thus why not use it as an online book as well?

I like the physical book because I love the smell of the pages whenever I read, and it's never harmful in the eyes. However, I don't buy books anymore in light of the fact that there are free books online which I can read. And I also read during the night with the lights off or dimmed so I guess I prefer to read E-books :)

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have read a lot of ebooks, I find them easier to read and understand compared to when I have to carry the physical books and start flipping all over to get the facts. I have had an online distant program, the courses were sent in form of an ebook which I had to download read and attend to the questions.

8. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    No, I have never felt the need to be afraid to say that I read e-books. A book is a book and its the same whether you read an ebook or a hard copy of the book. In fact e-books are more handy to use. You can carry as many books as you like very conveniently in your kindle of smart phone and read it anywhere you like, which is not possible while reading the hard copy of the book.