Have You Ever Been Scammed Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Rexy • Nov 18, 2017.

1. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    @Natasha0717@Natasha0717 That sucks, hope you have better luck next time with a job and also with the shopping ;)
    @mbuzma@mbuzma Did you try to get a refund and contact the seller? If so, did he issue a refund and did you report him?

#21Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Scams are everywhere on the internet. Even the renowned websites have no shortage of scammers. When we talk about being scammed online, I have to admit I have worked for several PTC sites that did not pay when I requested a cashout. Of course, I was disappointed, but oh well, that was my calling card. Now I don't start work on any site before confirming from other users that payment is real and seeing their payment proof. What is funny is that some sites have sections that 'users' have posted their 'payment proof'. The reason for the quotes is that they are fake, both the users and the proof. They generate them to fool users to invest their time and effort all for nothing. Anyway, enough rambling from me.
    I have not had any experience with scammers on any online store I use. I get my items from amazon and eBay and I would say their service has been nothing short of spectacular. Seeing some of the negative experiences some of you have had with eBay has prompted me to be careful.

3. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    @Kieranlewix@Kieranlewix That's true! There are a lot of sites that don't actually pay after work is completed, but I was actually referring to sites where you purchase things such as Amazon and eBay like you mentioned. Anyway, what types of items have you purchased and how fast was the delivery?

#23Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2017
  4. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I got the refund eventually, but I had to argue with the seller A LOT. He told me that he sent the card in perfect condition and that I had damaged it, later that it got damaged while shipping so it wasn't his fault and so on. I didn't report him, since as I said I did get the refund eventually but I am avoiding low rating/unproven sellers now.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been scammed online. I have been scammed in the form of participating on sites that offer rewards for performing certain tasks and in the end, I was unable to collect any form of reward from them. In some instances, they had just upped and closed the site without warning, leaving participants unpaid. Therefore, I now try to be more careful when I am seeking to participate on any paid sites. I now do an extensive review of the site in order to seek to minimize the chance of me being scammed.

6. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    No, I didn't bother dealing with the seller...I figured he or she would just be too immature(literally) to even reason with (teenage website) - and believe me, if I could have found the particular item on ANY OTHER website, I would have bought it there, but these kids (teens) seemed to be the only ones who offered this item - it was just a school notebook for my niece with her favorite show characters on the front, it was the best one out there and I knew she would love it.
    So no, I didn't contact the seller, just my bank - and because I have some kind of protection against fraud on my card, they issued me refunds for everything that went on, and then there was an actual purchase of an item from the same scammers, and I'm pretty sure the bank went right after them for that and got me my money back. :)

7. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    You should have reported him. As that way he would have gotten punished and learn from his mistakes, I mean. He probably has done it before, but it might have put a stop to it so that others don't get scammed, just a tip for next time ;)

8. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Scammed online, almost. It's when we're trying to look for work-at-home jobs, yet they will tell you in the end that you have to pay for some fees. There's also that Binary thing which is to finance an account for trading. So then I have completed my registration and all, only to find out that I have to put $250.00 first. I may not be scammed with my money, but with my personal details.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    No, I've never been scammed online. That's because I've always been careful when transacting on the internet. I only shop online either directly on the brand's website or on reputable shopping portals. Likewise, I've never experienced not being paid for my time and effort online by a site because I'm quite selective with the sites I join. I don't just read reviews about earning sites but also weigh things myself if something is feasible. I don't want to invest too much time and work and get paid months later or may be never at all. I've been right about these sites and they have been folding up one after another to the detriment of their members.

#29Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am the one who buys something regularly online but yet to be scammed so far. I am not sure if you wish to put the websites which fail to pay to their contributors in this particular category as that's something common to us all.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I just returned the tealight candles I had ordered as they did not light for the duration they were meant to burn. I do not know if this can be called scam but the dealers willingly allowed me to return the stuff.

12. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Till now, I have never been scammed by an online store, but it's very much important to be aware while shopping at an online store.

13. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Which sites do you usually buy from? Is it company sided sites or sites such as eBay? If it's eBay then you've been lucky!

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have dealt rarely with eBay as I most of my online shopping either on Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal besides other local but trusted sites. I have couple of bitter experiences with Amazon but they compensated with their mistakes so I would not put them in SCAM category.

15. Kookas

KookasNew Member

Threads:
    I've never met, but my colleagues have experienced this, it's a feeling of trust being deceived

16. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm rather credulous myself, thus making me a perfect victim for scammers. However, I've only managed to get scammed twice, once on eBay and once inside a game named CS:GO.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I had a bad experience with one those High Yield Investment Programme websites promising to pay more than a triple of any amount invested in few moths. They had a very active live chat, that somehow reduce my suspicion. Having invested all of a sudden I couldn't find the site again. They were a big scam, from that experience I have come to the conclusion all HYIP schemes are scams or potential scams.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been scammed on Ebay when the seller did not send the item because my bid was way too low.. At times I got my refund, but sometimes, I already filed my refund way too late so my money wasn't refunded. I also got scammed when I sent a downpayment using those money transfer methods, since the seller didn't honor her word and she just kept my money.

19. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I used to work for a PTC called Probux and used to renew referrals through Paypal. I had accumulated upto 250 of them when the site did away with cash withdrawals and you had to convert your balance to advertisements before the site disappeared altogether.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    No, luckily I have never been scammed purchasing products online. I always review the products before buy.