Have You Ever Bought A Smartwatch ?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mbuzma • Jan 6, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever bought a smartwatch ? If you did, would you recommend it to others ?

I've never bought a smartwatch. I haven't had a watch in a long time, and I see no point in owning one these days, whether it's "smart" or not. Everything they can do smartphones can do better, and mobile phones have become compact enough anyway. I guess a watch would be harder to lose, but that's about it.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased one but my sister dreams of buying it. Smart watch is a nice accessory but has no unique features since our smartphone already provides those features and more. Smart watches cost around $30 and sometimes $20 on offer. I think it is worth the investment especially for someone who is really into them.

The reason I won't purchase any is because devices get updated frequently and there will always be a better one in the market meaning the one you own will be useless in a year or two. I won't mind receiving one as a gift or getting a smart watch gift for someone.

3. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I never bought a smartwatch because I am not about to pay $300+ for a watch that is totally useless. All I need a watch for is the time and my smartphone can do that for me.

What used to really kill me is the Apple smartwatch commercial and they use to show a guy running in the rain and then he meets up with this beautiful woman. And let me tell you unless you're wearing a Rolex no watch is going to help you get a woman. But Apple wants to make all the foolish guys think that they can get any woman with that watch.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the standard digital watch, so I won't get a smartwatch. But if you like it why not get something you want if you can afford it. I like my little digital watch and am so accustomed to it that it's something I don't go anywhere without it. I wonder about the repair bill for it too. My digital watch is so cheap I just get me a new one when it break. I don't even get a new battery for it, just a new digital watch from Casio when the old one dies.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    A smartwatch is not on my wish list. I don't think it's special at all. I'm still using a classic, gold-plated automatic watch I bought more than a decade ago and it's still doing fine. I need to wear it everyday for it to continue working. My smartphone has the features found in most smart watches so I don't think I'm losing or missing something. My teenage nephews got one each as gift from my sister but they're just using it like an ordinary digital watch. Smart watches may have great features but they are just too small to be truly useful.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Smartwatches have never appealed to me at all, they are underpowered and lacking the features that a smartphone has. I think they're quite a waste of money.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a little kid, smartwatches are fictional items from old SciFi movies? During those times I thought they were cool. Now they exist, I don't want one! I do not like the small screen and typing on small touch screen is not fun with fst fingers.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen someone use smart watches up close because my very good friends makes use of it. It can answer calls, send text, control television and so many crazy stuffs. It looks seriously I will be honest but the truth is that I'm not that much of a gadgets freak like most of my friends. They have tried effortlessly to get me liking the stuffs they get addicted to but it's a no no to me.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, that advertisement really got you pissed but hey it's just a harmless advert and I believe no one is forced into buying anything be it Apple watches or whatsoever that he or she already don't wish to buy. So chill out and let them do their adverts in peace. Personally, I'm never buying such products because it's not a wise decision to make.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    My point too any function a smartwatch can do I guess a smartphone can do too if not better. Well I haven't buy a smartwatch and I am not at the moment looking to get one. I am pretty good with my smartphone and a simple formidable wristwatch. Anyway if it's for showoff or if I'm interested in luxury watch then I may consider smartwatch

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I really do not think the price really matters, because if you really want a smartwatch you can find some cheaper ones on Amazon. I did have some wrist watches back in the day-but having things on my wrist are very uncomfortable to me these days. I like pocket watches though and they have some pretty cool ones out there today, but I also looked at some of the smartwatches out there today,and they can be had for pretty cheap!

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @FolkArtist@FolkArtist Good to see that some smartwatches can be as low as $7 on Amazon I was assuming a price far above that. I am yet to use a smartwatch, have not thought about one before. If I get a quality one at a fair price by me I maybe going for a smartwatch.

#12Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018