Have You Ever Bought Anything Online That Never Got Delivered?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Tribie • Aug 15, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently ordered clothing on eBay and it didn't show up after two weeks. I was frustrated and angry because I really wanted the item. The seller didn't send recorded and he refunded me after a few messages, thankfully.

2. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I actually purchased a 50+ inch television in about 2005 that was never delivered. The site that I ordered it from doesn't even exist nowadays. I ended up calling them up to find out what happened to the delivery and they claimed that it wasn't even in the system. They asked if I wanted to re-order and I said "No. How do I know that the order will remain in your system and my TV will be delivered?". I hung up and went to the local mall to pick one out.

3. stutin

stutinNew Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, I have not been through this horrifying experience, it is not nice to pay for something and then wait for it to get delivered to you, and then you realize that it is never coming to you! Mostly, Indian companies that we have used so far have been reliable and top notch...

4. stoudman

stoudmanNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, yes. When I was younger, I was an idiot. I found a yahoo listing for every episode of Dragonball Z for only $30. I paid for the item and it was never sent, because it was just a scam. I couldn't do anything about it, because as I had learned, the item I paid for was illegal to begin with. Needless to say, that was $30 down the drain. We live and learn, eh? :p

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I did, it happened thrice already with the same item! I guess the thieves at our post office really liked that item! I never asked the sellers for a refund though, because it would be unfair.

6. Kcmoney

KcmoneyNew Member

Threads:
    Yes I ordered online for my second time a book for a College course I was attempting to take. The day it was to arrive I received an email telling me that it was returned and I never got a refund for it. I was so mad because I couldn't wait for them to try and send it back to me. I was to start my class the following Monday and I needed the book for the first day. Not only did I pay for a used book via the internet, but I also had to go pay full price to get a brand new book so I would not miss out on learning the very first day. The only reason I went online was someone told me it was dependable and cheaper than buying a book I wouldn't need to keep. I learned my lesson to be very cautious from then on about ordering things online used.

7. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Before I even buy something online, I would see to it that the seller has a good reputation. I don't want to waste even a single dollar because of my own negligence. But yeah, sometimes, Sh*t happens. Even if the seller is reputable, we can't say for sure that he/she is honest. But in my case, all of the sellers I bought items from were honest. Mostly from eBay. :)

8. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    You really have to be careful with purchasing items on EBAY. Not every company or seller is legitimate. It is really hard to tell the difference and to be honest sometimes you can't. The best you can do is review good and bad reviews for people and companies and see what results you get.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've purchased items from Alibaba, overseas from China and they only shipped me a partial order. Then she asked me how I wanted to handle the rest of the order and I told her to give me a refund. She kept stalling around and by that time I had switched over to a new bank because my old one went out of business. Now she won't refund me the money because she says she can only send the money to my original bank account which doesn't exist. The products she shipped me were also obviously knock offs and not the real thing, and they were partially damaged, perhaps from heat.