Have You Ever Bought Clothing For Your Pet?

Discussion in Pets started by mbuzma • Jan 22, 2018.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever bought clothing for your pet ?
    I haven't, because I find the idea ridiculous. Especially for the animals that are kept indoors. Animals don't need clothing to keep them warm since they have fur/feathers, and if you're buying it just so your pet can look stylish despite the animal probably being uncomfortable with it, then I don't know what to say. I guess it would make some sense if an animal has lost fur/feathers due to some type of disease, just so they wouldn't be cold, but otherwise no.

2. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought clothes for my dogs. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable by wearing what is not necessary at all. I've seen many dogs wear fashionable clothes but I bet that these dogs are not comfortable since they kept on scratching on their body.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I remember someone buying a Christmas jumper for my Jack Russell. It took her about 2 minutes to bite it off and rip holes in it! She will wear a coat against the cold and rain though. My lurcher hates any kind of coat and runs away if I bring her coat out!

When it comes to fashion clothes I think it's ridiculous and unnecessary so I would never buy these sort of clothes for them.

4. challengingthewriter

challengingthewriterNew Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes for my dog, but I have sewn him some. It's more about inclusivity like they were for family outings, and my dog was going out in public, like when we are going for parades and the exception my aunts funeral and we all had to dress up to match.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are dog lovers and my wife once in a while buys clothes for our dogs. But since we live in a tropical country, the dogs can only wear their clothes during the cold season of December and January. I have asked her not to buy clothes for our dogs anymore because the dog’s cabinet is almost full and they were used very sparingly. That’s why most of the clothes look new simply because they are not used often.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought clothes for my pets because they don't really need them. I've sewn a simple jacket for my dog to wear during this cold season but it was just something she tolerated for a few minutes. She's a very active dog and she finds clothes restrictive. I think toy dogs breeds are more appreciative or tolerant of clothes and other accessories. My neighbor takes her Shih Tzu for a walk almost every morning and though her pet doesn't wear clothes, she makes the pet wear those cute little shoes. My dog is a mixed breed and she doesn't have the patience to wear clothes or shoes for more than five minutes.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, i do bought clothes for my pet.

Because he looks so cute wearing different type of clothes but i also look for his comfort. That's my first priority while i am buying anything for him.