Have You Ever Bought Electronics At Five Below

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by deannatroupe • Mar 3, 2015.

1. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    So I have a Five Below near me and I LOVE that store. I have been curious about buying an HDMI chord from there. I am just not sure if it will work well. Have any of you bought electronics from Five Below? What was your experience? Would you recommend I buy the HDMI chord from them?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The cord should be fine - places like Best Buy and brands such as Monster are notorious for over-charging for basic cables such as USB or HDMI. There is really no difference between their versions or less expensive ones, to justify the ridiculously higher prices that they charge. Best Buy once tried to sell me a $30 USB cable for a $40 printer - I laughed in their face.

Digital isn't really like older analog equipment, where cheaper connectors and wires would result in a weaker or noisier signal. As long as the data makes it's way through, the quality of it is not impacted.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn’t recommend buying electronics there. The quality isn’t very good. I’ve bought some ipod chargers there and they broke after 2 uses. The store wouldn’t take them back either. You are literally getting what you pay for. It’s better to pay a little bit more for something that is going to last because if you buy it here you will most likely have to end up buying a new one in the near future.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I'm hearing about this store. Is it a new thing in America? By the sounds of it, like KimmyMarkks says, it's a cheap store selling very low quality stuff. On that basis, I would never buy anything electronic from a store of this nature. I'd probably give some of their other stuff a try, though. I'm just really precious about my electronic items, and don't mind paying a pretty penny for good quality :)