Have You Ever Bought Patanjali Brands Online?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by luckycharm • Nov 5, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using this brand for more than six months now and order their items online too (mostly through Amazon). They are a fast growing FMCG manufacturing company in India and their profit has just doubled last year due to huge demand for their products. I hope soon they will come out with an IPO in stock market too.

I use all of their products which are very cheap and with high quality, be it soaps, edibles or other FMCG items. The best part is that they are ayurvedic and we can use it without any fear. Their hair oils, raw sugar, honey, soaps and noodles/biscuits are very popular. They won’t empty your pockets and you can save some money in your monthly budget.

In offline shops there is very few products available due to non-availability. They are expanding their production capacity which is in the pipeline now. They already acquired land for cultivation of herbs for products.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to disagree with you on the quality part. I did not find their products up to the mark nor do they work as good as they claim. So I stopped using them altogether.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am using 4-5 products regularly for last couple of months and finding them more than useful. I have been using Dant Kanti, soaps and I recently bought Peedantak pain oil after I had a bad fall in my bathroom on 12th of last month. I can recommend this oil to anyone for quick and guaranteed relief without any hesitation.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I do buy Patanjali products both online and offline. Though all the products do not look up to the satisfaction, but a few are certainly good and lot more cheaper than their counterparts. I buy honey, ghee, toothpaste, oil etc from Patanjali brand. Given the market share they're grabbing, I trust the brand with the quality so far.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly their toothpaste is certainly better than that of other brands and as per honey is concerned it is available at almost half the price. Other Patanjali products are bit costlier but I am sure they are made of the stuff what they claim using natural ingredient. For instance the mustard oil bottle I bought smells and tastes different from other mustard oil brands.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought mustard oil and tooth paste from Patanjali. I use ayurvedic powder from Vico which is free of chemicals. I had been suffering from mouth ulcers for quite a long time and I got rid of it finally when I start using powder. May be I am allergic to the chemicals being used in toothpaste.

I think Patanjali biscuits are not very tasty and crispy when compared to other well known brands. But it is because they do not use maida in it. All bakery products usually have maida as an important ingredient which makes it crispy and more palatable. But maida is notorious as a cancer causing ingredient.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest you try DantKanti toothpaste from Patanjali. I have been using it for last 3 months and have become a great fan of it. It is such a useful product with all herbal ingredients that will change your views with its first use itself.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I know that product but never used as it contains SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) which is a foaming agent. It is used in place of fluoride and safer than fluoride. While using SLS paste I use to have mouth ulcers and that is why I use tooth powder which is totally chemical free.

Fluoride is a dangerous chemical which is strictly not to be given to kids. But even well known brands still use fluoride as a foaming agent in kids tooth pastes. The only side effect of SLS is that it destroys the natural covering inside the mouth. In some people it may cause allergies like mouth ulcer. Even though mouth ulcer is related to stomach issues using SLS/Fluoride tooth paste makes it worse.

9. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have not used Patanjali products other than their honey. It was okay. But, I have heard many good things about their products. Would really like to try out some of their products, like herbal tea etc.
    I would rather buy the products offline than online.

10. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I used Patanjali products previously(Dant Kanti and Kesh Kanti) and I did not find them impressive. They are just like the ones out in the market and maybe even worse. They might be better in the pricing range but the products I have used failed to impress me. Patanjali seems to be entering into every range of household products now(soaps,shampoo,tea,coffee,rice bags,noodles,perfumes, wheat flour) and it is flourishing because it is in its initial stages.

In my opinion, it would be better if they could focus on one or two products initially and establish a brand for themselves. Later on, they can venture into other products. Launching too many products at the same time will do them no good. It is a good thing Ramdev baba is doing(promoting the Make In India campaign) but I wish he starts off cautiously otherwise he is bound to get washed away soon.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this brand. I am not sure if it is something that is available in the US. I tend to buy brands that I have heard of before. I took a survey on a new natural skincare line that sounded good, but it was also on the expensive side, so I don't think I will actually be buying them.

12. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I am using patanjali products since 7 years. I think some of their products are high quality, whereas some of their products are of average quality. I have never bought Patanjali online and I don't have the necessity to buy online because the patanjali store is in my town.

13. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    That's really great and thanks for sharing your experience. I never thought that Patanjali got stores in your country too. I totally agree with you that some of the products are of good quality and some others are not. For example I used their tooth powder which doesn't have a refreshing smell. So I never bought it again. But when it comes to other items like honey, wheat flour, tooth paste etc they are doing it well.

In fact Patanjali is becoming a threat to other MNCs and they are forced to reduce their prices too. Some of them are adjusting the cost in the quality of product or poor packing. Have you noticed that Horlicks was coming in food grade plastic bottles (you can see a 5 mark at the bottom of the bottle) earlier;. But nowadays it seems they are using normal plastic by which they can save a lot of money.