Have you ever bought seeds online?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by dieselfit • Nov 22, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently heard from my mother that she can't find blueberry anywhere in this country (Jordan). So she wants blueberry and we've had easy access to it in Canada but not here. I looked at eBay and I found lots of different seeds for different plants. Can't someone buy these seeds in a country that doesn't have the plants and grow them? I mean blueberry bushes can grow in very hot or very cold climates so why not? Does anyone have experience with this?

2. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    I've bought seeds from Amazon. There are sellers on there that are actual seed/plant stores. They may be able to help.

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought seeds many times, but never online not because I distrust the stores, but because it's proven that I'm not good at growing plants :\

4. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I've bought a few seeds from Amazon (Mostly flowers). They were excellent and as long as you know what you're doing you should be ok.

5. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I've already bought some from eBay and they sound legit. They have thousands of feedback and the pictures are all there. The seeds are very cheap so there's really no risk. I just want to know if they can be bought online, does that mean they can grow anywhere as long as they are capable of handling the hot/cold weather ?

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not saying you can't buy viable seeds online but fact is it's a risky affair. You see unlike other products which you can open in front of the courier and ascertain if they're OK, when you buy seeds, you must wait for the favorable weather conditions before you plant. And when you do [plant them] and they don't germinate, the seller may offer a convincing reason why the seeds you planted didn't germinate. Why risk that?

7. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I see what you're say, Denis Hard, but that's why checking the feedback of the seller is one of the most important steps of making the 'right' purchase online. Of course what you just told me about the seeds not even growing may happen but the risk is worth it if the seller has hundreds or even thousands of people leaving them feedback. The feedback usually gives an average or the total rating of the seller so if it's at least 98% like the one I bought from, then the 5 dollars was well worth the risk. It was fairly cheap so we're not talking about something the seller could make a ridiculous amount of profit off of. I think the gut feeling plays a big part in this as well as common sense. Thanks for your input though