Have You Ever Bought Used Tires For Your Vehicle?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Zyni • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since we bought a brand new car, although it is old already, we never buy used tires for replacement. Even the so called retread, we don't use it. For tire replacement, we prefer brand new tires even if it is expensive. For us, the car is not only for convenience but also for safety so we make sure that the parts are of quality.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is so important to have good tires on your car that you want to get the best you can if you do purchase used tires. I have purchased used tires when my money was tight and I needed to replace a tire or not drive the car to avoid injury to myself or someone else. I always check the thread depth on the tires to make sure there was still use in the tire before it went on my car.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No. Tires are one of the rare items that I will always buy them brand new. If my tires need replaced, then I feel like they should be replaced with tires that I know haven't been repaired, broken down, etc. I don't mind spending a little more on them for that security.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy used tires when they are available but often times they are not. I really need to get an alignment done on my car and shocks as well. It seems like I am always buying tires. I did have an alignment done not that long ago so I really need to figure out what is wearing out all my tires so fast. It runs into money to replace them all the time.

#24Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
  5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Certain sizes are often difficult to locate. It's especially tough to find them in good condition at a decent price, sometimes. I have purchased some used tires from time to time.

I am thankful that were able to purchase new tires this go round, but I'm still considering the purchase of a used one that's in good shape to keep as a spare tire. I don't like the idea of relying on those "donut" spares. If I can locate a rim in good condition at a fair price, I that is what I'm going to do.

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I bought used tires for my car about a year ago and it was a mistake. Maybe I went to the wrong place, but those tires were not good at all. I didn't have the money to buy a new set at the time and was trying to be frugal. I should have just waited a little longer or either borrowed the money. So, from now on I will be purchasing brand new tires unless I can find a reputable used tire place.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I normally purchase used tires when flats come up. Nonetheless, I think it's always a good idea to get new tires - mainly cause used ones are often worn. Anyway, though, some people use chemical solutions to fix flats. In that case, buying tires is not needed.

Oh, by the way, of course, the main reason I would choose used is cause it's cheaper - but you get what you pay for. ;)

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of automotive supply stores in our town. Most of them specialize in used car parts including tires. From what I remember, I had once bought used tires for my old car, that’s the first car I owned. The cheap price of used tires, which are recapped, is not worth because they don’t last that long and you are exposed to the risk of a broken tire (when the recapped coating is detached while running). I always buy new tires and endure the cost for at least I am assured of 2 years of service. Now that we have 2 cars, it’s already 4 years and the tires still look good.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. I never bought and never intend to buy them. ;)

I already had the opportunity to see some friends buying used tires for their cars and what was meant to be a good economy ended up being an even bigger expense. Pure headache! o_O

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that it's better to make the spend on new instead of used tires. It may be difficult to purchase the new ones but you may be saving time and money in not having to quickly replace used tired that gives you no guarantee and may just be a ripoff.