Have You Ever Burned Popcorn In The Microwave?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Apr 16, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like microwave popcorn that much anyway. I'd much rather pour some kernels into my air popper. We do occasionally have the microwave popcorn though. Have you ever burned it? It smells so bad and stinks up the whole microwave and kitchen. Does anyone know a cheap and easy way to clean up after burning microwave popcorn?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More often than not. Microwave popcorn is kind of weird for me, half the time it's not done enough, and when you pop it back in, it gets burned. So I just stopped eating it. :x

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I actually have popcorn button on my microwave,but every time I use it I burn the popcorn. It took me more than a couple burnt bags to realize I was trying to pop mini bags of popcorn on a standard size setting. I now check the bag and go by the recommended time.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Almost every time I use the microwave for popcorn it comes out burnt. Not charred, but at least a little bit burnt. And a little bit burnt means you taste it in every bite no matter if the piece you put in your mouth is burnt or not.

I really prefer making popcorn the old way with oil in a pan. The air poppers are easy but I find that I have to add butter after it's popped or it's just a bit too dry for my taste.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have burnt popcorn in the microwave on many occassions and the smell is horrible. It fills the whole house and lingers for quite a while. I have learned to hit the popcorn setting on my microwave and stand there the whole time while it is popping. The minute you start to hear silence, as in no more popping noises, it is time to pull the bag out of the microwave immediately!

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    lol...With my microwave if I hear anything close to silence it means "too late for the popcorn the neighbors are calling the firetruck".
    Seriously, I stand there and watching, waiting and listening and it still gets burnt. My husband, on the other hand, who can't boil water can make a perfect bag of microwave popcorn.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't mind burnt popcorn. I also like to eat the kernels that have partially popped. Those are my favourite. Because I'm a weirdo.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've done this at least once before. I tend to set a long timer on my microwave or oven and just try and stand guard because I'm terrible at estimating the amount of time necessary but sometimes I leave and forget about it. I don't remember how I got rid of the smell but I think I just left it alone and it went away after a day.