Have you ever changed your vehicle's filters?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by troutski • Aug 18, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In most vehicles, changing the fuel, oil, and air filters couldn't be any easier. You can do this yourself or have the mechanic take care of everything. Have you ever done these maintenance repairs yourself, though? Also, you could replace the cabin filter if your vehicle comes with one. Most filters cost $5.00 to $20.00, so this little bit of maintenance is more than affordable.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    The only filter I ever changed in my car was the air filter I am ashamed to say, lol I'm to scared to try and change the gas and the oil filter. I would love to give it a try but Im scared I may mess it up. I wish I new how cause it would save me lots of money with labor. casue in my area it 50 for an oil change and that with you buying your own oil change products.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Air filters are incredibly easy to change, and pretty cheap too. I've also changed the oil filter but that is a bit more difficult. Fuel filter more difficult still.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    You and I alike Stacyje! I have never change anything in any of the cars I've owned, I do believe I can successfully change an oil filter though, all you do is screw off the old one and screw on the new one, that's it. I'm not sure how the fuel filter works, it's the first I'm hearing of that one. LOL

5. Falcon

FalconNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah,many times i changed my vehicle filter.Actually i am a mechanic by profession and i am fully interested in my field.So these type of automotive works i daily done in my garage.