Have You Ever Cooked Steak, Ground Beef, Or Chicken For Your Dogs/cats?

Discussion in Pets started by Natasha0717 • Jan 27, 2018.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    My dogs would never eat regular dog food. I'd be lucky if I could get my Chow-mix to eat a little dry food, and sometimes my Chihuahua would eat beef-flavored "Little Champions" dog food in those little packets.
    But other than that, I just cooked for them.
    Sometimes I wonder if the expense of doing it "homemade" all evened out in the end, because it was still better than trying numerous dog foods and wasting money on SO MANY of them that they refused to eat. Plus, when you cook meat for your dogs (and maybe even cats) - you can spread it out some to last a few days... what's your take on this?
    Any fussy pets out there? Any REALLY GOOD cat foods or dog foods that no cat or dog could resist? The only 2 I has <just a little> luck with was Bil-Jac dry in the big, blue, bag -- and the Little Champions in pouches (only found at Walmart.) But that was IT, nothing else. The rest was cooked in a pan for my 2 pups. I miss them so much, they just grew old together and passed on. xo

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our dogs eat canned dog food only in the morning. That is for the benefit of their digestive system and the moving of bowels is regular. But our 3 dogs wouldn’t eat the dog food so we have a chaser of their cooked food. The normal food for them is pork, chicken, fish and sometimes beef that are often boiled although sometimes, like today, fried chicken drumsticks. Take note that there is no flavoring whatsoever. Boiled pork or chicken wings have only water and no other ingredient. And they love cooked food. For us, cooked food for the dogs are cheaper and more nutritious.

3. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't fix up any kind of special diet for my dog. It practically eats almost anything and everything that I consume in the house but I make sure not to force it into eat anything it doesn't fancy eating, so as not to have any digestive problems. But I do make out from time to time and get biscuit bones from the butchers shop for my dogs consumption, as I believe it helps with the teeth development and bones as well.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I rottenly cook beef for my dog. It is a very healthy diet for the dog.