Have you ever downloaded apps from getjar.com?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Jatelo2 • Feb 11, 2013.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Since I found about getjar.com, it has been my source of free Mobile Apps. There are hundreds of free Apps for major mobile platforms (i.e. Android, J2ME, Symbian and Palm). They also download fast and install easy. I however, can't install some of the Apps due to 'certificate issues', which brings me to the question:
    What does it mean when an App can download but can't install because the Certificate from the provider can't be trusted?

2. kidensika

kidensikaNew Member

Threads:
    I used to download from get jar quite frequently until i started using an android phone. From then on i was able to get most of the apps i wanted from the android store.Get jar was really good and useful for me at the time. I was pretty much able to get any app that i needed. I have never had any issues installing the apps from getjar on my phone

3. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    Back when I had an android phone I would use getjar.com, but now that i have an iPhone I'm kinda screwed when it comes to free apps haha.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With regards to your problem, go to --> Settings --> Security and check" unknown sources. That should cure your trouble. Anyways, I no longer download from getjar. The interface is clunky, the downloads are full of duds, etc. Stick with the Play Store. It's a lot better.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Back when I was into downloading mobile games and apps, I did download some apps from getjar. But right now, since I'm not into downloading apps anymore, I forgot all about the site until you mentioned it. Nowadays I just stuff my phone with tons of music.