Have you ever found anything such as money inside a used book?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by MrsR • May 6, 2013.

1. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I am the only absolute unlucky being here… I have never had any experience of buying certain items and be lucky enough to find other precious items stored in them. The only thing I remember I found in a cloth I bought some years back was a 100 dollar that meant nothing to me considering that our country by then had few people who could figure out the benefit of a dollar. So I gave it to a friend at collage and lucky was him so fortune wasn’t for me.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have never found any money in used books but that's crazy I don't think I know anyone who has. But I have brought pants and what not from good will and one time I put the jeans I got from there on and put my hands in my pocket and found 10 bucks.

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've never found money in a used book, I usually find sticky notes or scribbles along the pages. It must be a pretty cool feeling finding money embedded within the pages of a book. I sometimes find money off the sides of the street though - amazing feeling!

4. Ashwincampbell

AshwincampbellNew Member

Threads:
    I borrowed a book on photography from my neighbor back in 1995. I knew he was into photography and we sometimes talked about it. Inside the book was a topless picture of his wife tucked right in the middle. Definitely tasteful and not lewd in any sense but man was I lucky. She was really beautiful and to a 18 year old kid, it was like the best day ever. Never ever mentioned it to them though, just returned the book with the picture (after copying it of course).

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not found money inside a book, however, I have found a number of bookmarks. I think it would be interesting to find something in a book and it could probably happen. However, I get books to read them, and reselling them is something I could probably do as well, but so far I haven't had luck doing that. I think I have sold one book. Someone wanted to buy one of my books once, but by the time the shipping costs were paid, it just seemed like a waste of time.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Aw, why haven't I found anything like these in the used books that I have bought? Lol. The most that I can find in used books are dents and some missing pages. Haha! If that's not bad enough, I had also bought books with some gross rotten foods on its pages. Am I unlucky with used books or something? I haven't even found used bookmarks, that would be cool to find. I guess money would be great as well but I always think that whenever I find money, I lose something more important after. Weird.

I guess I don't buy much used books nowadays as well. I used to buy them back then when I was in college since the secondhand bookstore was very close to my school. And since I have long vacant hours, it had been my hobby to go to this bookstore and scout for used books that I like. I was even able to find Archie comics which I was collecting back then.

But sadly, there were nothing inside these books that interest me. I don't think anyone I know had gotten such great souvenirs from these books as well. If there's a love letter in these used books, wow, that's amazing as well. Lol.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a pair of slacks from the second hand store that had money in the pocket. It was only a dollar but it was exciting to find money in the pocket.

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, but I did find a progression of love letters and break up letters in one once. Like I traced my hand over their entire relationship, it was heavy. This was with a used college textbook, they were gonna get married :( There was an abortion, cheating, thievery - I left the notes in the book when I resold them and just kept the gravy train moving.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah, never happened to me! But once I had the oddest experience. I walked into a news agent and was flipping through the magazines when a crisp £20 note fell onto my feet. Well, what could I do? I just grabbed it and left LOL Anyone could have claimed it, so I didn't see the point of taking it anywhere. I did feel a little guilty, but at the time I was really broke.

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't found any money in the books I've read, but I have found many bookmarks, pictures of random people, receipts and other such things. I still have a picture of two smiling children on a cork board in my room. I once found a sticky note that said, "Now that you've read the book, text me," and it had a phone number listed. I considered texting, but the book wasn't even that interesting or discussion worthy. I'd like to find some money in a book, perhaps I need to visit the library and garage sales more often.

11. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    My mother has quite a large collection of romance novels, probably between one and two thousand of them. Before she moved, she had them in a bookshelf, but now they are just in several huge totes in storage. Anyway, she always told us that when she passes away, we should not just throw away the books, but that we should go through them all because she has often put bills in them as a way to save against a rainy day.

Of course, it could just be her way of making us go through all of her favorite stories, hah!, but since she HAS actually been known to ferret away money like that, it is completely possible. She has always been a very good saver when it comes to her money. I wish I had her skill.

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, but i wouldn't mind finding a few dollar bill stuck between the pages of a book. I've found some piece of paper with random writings on it and that kind but not money.

13. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    The closest thing that I can think of is that I found a bookmark once in an old book and it turned out to be something that I had made when I was in first grade. It had the date on it and my little signature, or whatever it is you call it when you are six years old, and it gave me a big old smile to see. To be honest, I would have rather found that than a dollar bill or so, but if you are talking a hundred dollar bill, that may be a different story.

14. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I live next door to a second-hand bookstore. It also happens that I’m a bookworm so I always hang out at the bookstore during my free time. I’m friends with the owner. I’m yet to find money tucked in the pages of the books. What I usually find are shopping receipts, movie tickets, and old business cards.

15. Joceross

JocerossNew Member

Threads:
    Just found a Russian 10,000 ruble bill this morning in a book I bought at a church festival book sale! It's worth $156.00, I think.

16. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    Strangely, I once found a note inside an old used textbook that said, "You're beautiful!" It was very sweet and definitely lightened up my day. I was always pretty conscious to check if there were any notes or weird stuff in old books after that, haha.

17. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    I have never found anything of value in a used book, let alone money. Finding money in a used book is like wining a gamble. Not everyone will be that lucky because most people do take real care of their money.

Even though there are people who often put money between pages, its always temporary and often for a purpose. So they soon retrieve it for what its intended. But if someone has a bad memory, then somebody else will get lucky.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey some of you are really lucky to find money in books! I haven't so far found money in books from the library or book sales. I have found money while walking though and have been finding money every since grade school. My Mom just found $10 yesterday right outside of our apt. home.

19. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I recently found a coupon for a free Chipotle burrito in my library book. And it wasn't even expired! It was a win for me! I love it when I find some freebies in there.

20. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy used books, however, until now I have not found anything memorable inside the book. I find random newspaper clipping of no importance, scribbles inside the pages that do not make any sense, bills of purchased product etc. I have found money on pavement and parking lot, but never inside a used book.