Have You Ever Made A Switch With Your Antivirus?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Binu • Dec 29, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Are you using the same antivirus for a long time, or do you make a switch?If you are changing your antivirus, what are your reasons. I have used three antivirus, paid and free, so far.

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used a paid antivirus till now but used a lot of free antivirus models. I already used free antivirus programs like Bitdefender, AVG, Avast, Commodo and a lot more. Currently I have been using Avast antivirus for the last six months or so.

Avast is working fine in my system. My main issue with free antivirus is that sometimes it freezes my system and I was not able to work on multiple windows. AVG was the worst ever memory eater in my computer. Bitdefender was the lightest of them all but one day it crashed down all of a sudden making my PC unable to respond.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    The only antivirus that I'm using is Malware Bytes. Well I've been using it for years now and I'm using the free version. I tried using other antiviruses like AVG, Avast, Avira and Panda but they were all a bit slugging for my computer and they eat a lot of RAM as well that's why I stick to Malware Bytes.

I haven't had any problems using it even though it's a free one. I'm planning to upgrade to the premium version as it has a lot more features :)

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I have on several occasions, and ever since I lost respect for the one that I paid for, I have been all free options since then. I have found them equally as reliable, and of course you save that monthly cost.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a licensed Symantec in my home computer. But in 2015, the license may have lapsed so it wouldn't update anymore. I switched to AVG which is free and downloadable from their site. But my issue with AVG is the automatic updating. That slows down my computer. My anti virus now is Avast which is similar to AVG although it doesn't update by itself.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Avast Free antivirus, Kapersky, AVG. I availed of their free version. But yet still my computer is still infected with virus. I am afraid to buy a paid virus remover for it won't work still. Now I have upgraded my operating system of my laptop. I have installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus aside from the built in Microsoft Security Essentials and also this so-called SMADAV Usb antivirus protection.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Norton, Kaspersky, Avast and Malaware Bytes. All free versions except Kaspersky which I have used over 5 years shared between three computer pack.

That was cheaper for me instead of buying for a single pack.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I had been using Avira for long. However, as this software was making my device slower day by day, I decided to go without an antivirus. My laptop is used only for my online earning purposes. Given that I found that there's no need of keeping an antivirus installed as I have nothing to lose from a malware.

9. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I change my antivirus regularly. I normally use the free ones, AVG or Avast, because they are easy to use and update, and work well with malwarebytes and other anti-malware programmes. I'll normally update because the best one on the market varies, and sometimes you will get a virus that can evade one but not another. I left Avast recently because of things like the outdated software plugin which was just a nuisance.