Have You Ever Purchased Video Games On Ebay?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Zyni • Oct 12, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the older games that are hard to come by can be pretty expensive. Some are rare and hard to find. You might be able to get a copy of a used one at a game store, but they aren't always in the best condition. They are usually only available without the box or package as well.

I recently found the one I was looking for (for one of my kids) on eBay. It was still new, surprisingly, and we got it for less than the original purchase price when it was popular. I love a good deal.

2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have been tempted in the past to buy games from ebay. I love playing Zelda so I have been able to find Zelda games for the GameCube there. I have it saved on my wishlist somewhere. I have bought game parts though such as memory cards, cords, controllers, etc so it shouldn't be a problem to buy a game.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I bought my psp and my ps vita, as well as a bunch of games for them from Ebay. It was a great experience and I would definitely do it again. Just make sure the seller has good ratings and trust your gut if something feels off and you should be fine.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've bought a used ps3 game off of ebay and it came with everything including the box and the small leaflets inside that serve as a sort of catalog and also coupon codes for the online freebies and purchases. Unfortunately, the game codes have already been used which is of course understandable, but the game itself was still in very good condition. It didn't have even one scratch on it and it worked perfectly so I wouldn't hesitate to buy from ebay again next time when it comes to video games.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great to hear. Thanks for the responses. I feel better now. The seller does have a good rating. I did check that out first. I just hope it all goes off without a hitch. My kiddo will be so happy if it does.

I haven't really bought or sold with eBay, but my older daughter loves it. I really should start shopping and selling there. I'd like to give both options a try.

6. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    The only game I ever bought on eBay was Donkey Kong Country, for the SNES. It was an older game when I got it, but the buyer assured me that it worked just fine. And, to an extent, he was right - except that the internal battery had run dry. The stupid cartridge wouldn't save. We argued back and forth about it for a while, and eventually settled on a negative score.

Newer games are probably less of an issue since you almost never save directly to the game pack anymore. Still, though, I don't think I'd buy another game off eBay.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a game for a friend of mine who is a collector a few years back and though I was worried it wouldn't be in a great condition but he's a collector so he wouldn't have been disappointed just as long as he added the game to his collection.

When buying games on Ebay, only buy from a seller who has some good ratings. It's less riskier.