Have You Ever Seen Some Deals That Seemed Too Good To Be True And Bought It Anyway?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by thepieeatingjay • Feb 10, 2015.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I know some of us love to save and look for the best deals humanly possible. Sometimes, we find some great stuff. But then, there are those times when we find deals that seem so outrageously good that you can conceive it as being too good to be true, fake, etc.

I recently found a deal on a Wristwatch that normally cost around $400 at most stores. I ended up up getting it for about $90. So far it doesn't seem broken or anything and I've had it for three weeks.

2. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    Yes I did, I once rushed to buy this particular pasta sauce that was ordinarily out of my reach - it now was being sold at half price - and it's only when I got home that I realized it's expiry date was almost due and it had a slightly metallic/acidic taste to it and I was forced to throw it out.
    I am more cautious now about 'good deals' but i'm still on the lookout for a bargain.

3. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    YES! I found an advertising selling wallets. I was so fascinated by their presentation and it's so believable that it made me buy it. It also made sleeping difficult for me while waiting for it to arrive.. until the big revelation day... I found it very nice as expected. quality materials used. worth the money. do I use it? NOPE. and I wonder why I bought it in the first place.

4. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    The same thing happened to me.

I remember having the same experience with a certain brand of ultra absorbent chamois that was very popular back then. I did not have any use for ultra absorbent chamois at that time but when I saw the commercial being played at the store, I could not resist to urge to buy it. Especially because the store has the one that is opened and sold at a very low price compared to the bundle that is on the commercial. However, after I bought it, I realized that I did not have too much use for it. It is nice to have and the absorption rate was pretty good but I don't use it that often and most of the time it just sits on my drawer.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. Unless it's something that is almost foolproof to manufacture, then I'm not going to purchase something that's insanely cheap compared to other options. Chances are that something's going to go wrong, and then quality is almost always an issue, so I'd rather just buy something I know, for a fact, doesn't have any of those issues or at least comes with a nice warranty.