Have you ever self-published a book?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by troutski • Sep 29, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can self-publish your own book through various services and companies. For instance, Amazon offers a service that creates physical books and one that handles Kindle e-books. There are other solutions, too. They all vary in price, based upon how many books you're publishing. You can have one printed or 10,000. Have you ever taken advantage of this opportunity?

2. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew this. I need to take advantage this because I would love to write an ebook one day so this will help me. This sounds like something I would want to get involved with one day. I can't believe I haven't heard of this before, but I need to start doing it,

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have published an e-book with Amazon and Smashwords, both have different format requirements, but are free services and in return you get a percentage of the profits. Amazon is a lot lower and there is a lot of small print, for example if you offer it anywhere else free or discounted, you must match that price or lower and they will do it automatically without telling you.

It's a good way to publish smaller books and to get them out to the public or a collection of poems or stories. Amazon do have cover templates which helps, so you could use that one for all your books if you publish it elsewhere.