Have you ever sold used clothes on eBay?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Jan 5, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever sold used clothes on eBay?

I have a closet full of clothes that I either can't fit anymore or just don't like. I am considering either giving them away or selling them on eBay. If I do the latter, I'd like to know more of how this works from a person who has experience.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I sold 24 pair of jeans with free shipping and handling which attracts buyers. I sold them for 60.00 as a bundle and it took no time for them to sell. You would be amazed at how people are just waiting on sales like these, give it a shot you see, you can basically have a great success sale items on ebay. Remember if you can offer free shipping and handling,just try to include it in your price. Good Luck

3. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    selling usedclothes

Ive never sold used clthes but im a boutigue owner nad ive bought used clothes in the past if u had free shipping you usually get a few bids.

I never sold but have bought.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I usually sell everything at a starting price of $5. I've sold about 20 different articles of clothing in a year. I did NOT offer free shipping. Really, because my profit margin would have been so low I might as well have donated them. Name brands and tags really seem to matter concerning search results and bids.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Not yet, actually trying to offload a few pairs of old clothes which have only been worn a few times. With clothing so cheap I can definitely understand why people don't want to buy 2nd hand goods but it really is a shame.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I thought as well, I have lots of clothes that I have never worn, because either I don't like them or they don't fit, and I think that I can make a substantial amount of money if I sold them. But I heard that the fees that Ebay charges have increased, that's why lots of sellers have stopped selling. So be prepared for those high fees if you decide to sell your clothes there.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I am on the verge on putting some of my old apparel up for sale on Ebay. Most of them no longer fit anymore and one of them I have never worn because it was bought too big for me. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it yet, but I do want to unload my closet that is being taken over by the space of the clothes. And wow if that's true sidney, it sucks that Ebay is increasing their charges. They are only making it harder on the sellers. No wonder I've heard people saying that Ebay isn't how it use to be.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've tried doing this once or twice but eventually I got lazy and didn't see it as being that much worth it. Unless I have a lot of clothes I'd sell in bulk I think I'd just give them away. For me it's not too worth the effort to answer inquiries and list each item as well as having to photograph them just to get a few dollars back but if I had some expensive clothes that I know have resale value then I'd be more willing to put up with it. Most of my clothes are just cheap though so I just end up giving them away at Christmas.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I was just thinking of selling on e-bay too. Thanks for the tips and information. It's so nice to make money online by selling your old things. Some people make a living doing just that selling on e-bay.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We did a garage sale once and that was a long time ago. In 2013, when the great typhoon Yolanda hit the shores of central Philippines, donations came pouring in. A colleague did a fund raising of clothes and other personal items. I contributed some clothes for that. But I didn't know that those material donations were auctioned off in e-bay to raise money which was eventually sent to Leyte. It was a successful endeavor and I felt that I somehow had helped the typhoon victims.

11. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I've sold my daughter's old clothing on eBay. I didn't have any problems. Her items sold quickly and it was a smooth transaction. The customer was satisfied based on the review. It's a very easy and nice way to make a quick buck, while getting rid of some old clothes.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Selling unwanted items on Ebay can be a very good way to make some money and to clean out your closets. I have not sold old clothes but I have sold on Ebay. Free shipping does make your items more attractive to the buyer and having a good description and outstanding pictures make all the difference in selling your items.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been selling my clothing that I no longer wear or fit and have found them to be selling quite well. I am selling them one item at a time and I am not doing free shipping as shipping is just too expensive for larger items. The amount that I am getting for the clothing is less than shipping so if it was free then I would be paying the buyer to buy my clothes. Sometimes, you may have to relist an item before it gets sold but I do not pay listing fees so that is okay with me. I am also trying Bonanza to see if I can sell things on there. I am putting what did not sell on eBay to see if it will sell there any better. I am not too familiar with this site yet but plan to give it a go. It was free to list so I am not losing anything.

14. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Ebay is a great place to sell used clothes! Especially, if you have designer brands and are willing to sell them at a reasonable price!

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have sold clothes on ebay before and never had any issues. I just post a lot of pictures so that the buyer knows what they are getting. It is good to post a close up of the clothing so they can see the texture and any color fading. I note if it is used, has any tears and what I paid for it.

16. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    Yes, I have sold a few items on Ebay. I only sell clothes that are in good condition but which are now too small for me or simply too old. Some items go quickly, but some are up for sale for quite a long time before someone buys them. Nevertheless, I have managed to sell eery item I have put up and I've never had any problems with payments or shippings.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I must say that this is something really amazing and would love to enjoy a lot around. I am gonna have such fantastic time there and this will be adorable for enjoying.