Have you ever used baking soda and vinegar to clean your hair?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Nov 14, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that for some people baking soda irritates their skin and since some of the solution will get to your scalp . . .

I don't know if mixing it with vinegar would help but though it is cheap I think before using one should try to find out if there'll be some sort of reaction before they proceed.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used vinegar being used on hair, but not baking soda. My biggest concern would be my hair smelling like vinegar after it was over. I would think I would have to rinse it 5,000 times. I have some vinegar now though...I could try it.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used vinegar before, but not baking soda. I wouldn't think of using baking soda in my hair, that is almost like an acid! If you apply it to the skin it burns if you leave it for long, so I wouldn't try it on my hair. I would be too afraid.

4. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Personally I would use apple cider vinegar as it wouldn't be as harsh as regular vinegar, and though I've never tried it for fear of drying my hair out, I've talked to friends with oily hair who've used it and have noticed better results with their hair strength and look. It's worth trying anything once I suppose, I'm just okay with my Pantene. ;P

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I've heard of using apple cider vinegar in your hair as a rinse to remove residue from hair products like gel and hair spray. I must say I'm very impressed with what I'm reading about using apple cider vinegar and what it can do for making your hair cleaner, shinier and softer. I think I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm heading to the store to pick up some apple cider vinegar. I'm always looking for a way to cut down on the amount of chemicals I use each day from shampoos, conditioners, moisturizers, lotions.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone in a white I will run either apple cider or white vinegar through my hair. This helps clean any of the buildup. It also makes the strands shiny and clean. I’ve never used baking soda in my hair. I don’t even know what the benefits of using it are.

7. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I have used both in my hair, but not at the same time. They are both great at cleaning your scalp. Apple cider vinegar is something I use more often than the baking soda, I find that ACV really makes my hair feel a lot softer and really gets any product build up out of my hair.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Like Kitkat I did not hear of using vinegar and baking soda on hair but know of cleaning the sink with hot water after you put first the baking soda, then a douse of white vinegar and then about a sauce pan full of boiling hot water to clean out hair and gunk in sinks. I have learned that baking soda mixed with water will clean floors like linoleum very well. This is the first time I've learned about vinegar and baking soda for hair. You learn something new everyday!:)