Have you ever used one of those home refill printer ink kits?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by True2marie • Jul 27, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am tired of paying so much for printer ink. It seems as though the cartridges for my printer rarely go on sale and they cost too much. I tried going to Walgreen's and allowing them to refill my Ink Cartridges as well. I save a little bit of money, but I think the ink they use is CHEAP. :mad:

My next step would be to get one of those refill printer ink kits. I have seen them out, but never used them. Have any of you? If so, was the process easy and ink decent?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have used one of the home refill printer kits. I don't know that it was a kit as much as our friend teaching us how to do it using a sort of syringe that he put the printer ink powder in. It was extremely messy and our friend had ink stains on his hands for days. My husband decided it wasn't worth the minuscule discount to do it. While we try to save a penny when we can, he was also worried that the loose powder might somehow damage the printer and so the mess combined with possible damage has prevented us from doing it on a regular basis.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used the home ink refill kits and I find them to be messy. I've stained my hands and my desk chair with ink. Plus sometimes the cartridge leaks in the printer. I gave up on them and just started buying remanufactured ink cartridges, which don't leak in my printer because they are professionally refilled.