Have You Ever Worked a Job You Hated to Save Extra Money?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by jneanz • May 3, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    My mother's ex delivered newspapers at the crack of dawn to pay for their wedding. I once knew a guy who also rose in the early hours to collect cans for his son's college education. He did this daily before going to his regular job.

Though I'm college-educated, I've been entertaining working in the food or retail industry part-time while I recover from chronic illness so I can have some rainy day funds.

What have you done to reach your financial goals?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Did I mention that "yes," I have? Lol!

In fact, I have hated a few of my jobs entirely but because I needed the money at the time and didn't have any better options, I stuck with the jobs until I was able to secure a better/different one.

I'm currently in that situation again...

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I 2nd this post x100000. 6 months working at Jack in the Box was more than enough for me.

I think very few escape NOT working at a job they hate to make some extra money. Just a necessary evil that most have to deal with in order to make ends meet.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! During my unemployment days, a few months after I graduated college I had no choice but to do jobs that I would never dream of doing when I was still studying. But it paid of eventually and I have since moved to my dream job, doesn't pay as well as my last but it gets me by everyday.