Have you ever worn false eye lashes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by thelovelyone0 • Mar 6, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    For a few weeks now, I have been dying to purchase false eye lashes. I have been contemplating on whether or not I should purchase them because I didn't want to waste money. Yesterday, I went to Family Dollar to purchase cheap eye lashes so that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't lose too much money. the lashes were $2.75 and I am glad I purchased them at a dollar store because they were really uncomfortable. They were gorgeous, and looked expensive. I couldn't deal with glue--it irritated my eyes. That was the first time I wore false eye lashes, and it was a bad experience. Have you ever worn false eye lashes? How was your first experience?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn fake eyelashes just because I like having natural features. My eyelashes are already pretty thick and full so when I wear mascara they look like I am wearing something extra.
    I am also a bit scared of wearing fake eyelashes(haha) I don't like have eyelash adhesive glue anywhere near my eyeballs. It just scares me.
    I might try it out one day just because I am bored but probably not in the nearby future.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have worn false eyelashes. I went to a beauty shop and had them applied. They were individual lashes. They definitely made my eyelashes look fuller, but I didn't like them. They made my eyes feel heavy. It was a new experience and I knew that I would have to get use to them. I keep them on for three weeks, then I just couldn't take it anymore.

4. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried once. But my eyes are too sensitive to false eyelashes, when i wore them on, i just could not help tearing. Finally i gave up and never wear any false eyelashes.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I tried them on for a few minutes at my friends salon. I was super uncomfortable and had her take it off. I was attending a very special dinner.. and didn't wan't to miss out on all the fun and romance because i was uncomfortable in my fake lashes. I thought I was the only one who couldn't handle a small thing like fake lashes.. lol I have company here..

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have not tried them, but I purchased a bunch of them from the Dollar Tree with the Glue, but never put them on. I gave some to my little sister, she has also not worn them. It is crazy, because I like the way some people's look, but then some are just to over the top. I think I still may try them because I paid for them, even though they were only a $1. It could be something I can just say I did, I guess I am with Anna, if I get bored I will do it.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have never worn false eye-lashes...at least, not yet. I am not against wearing them, I have just not been brave enough yet. Mind you, I watched an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras and those little ones were actually wearing false eye-lashes...that was kind of scary to see but anyway, no I have not worn false eye-lashes yet.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never worn false eyelashes yet, but I would like to try once just so I would know if it indeed feels uncomfortable on my part. My eyelashes are quite thick already so a mascara would suffice for me.

9. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I have never worn these type of stuffs since I aint that fan of make ups and all sort of things that you put on your face before going out. I just dont know, I like the nature complexion and the nature beauty. Why cover it up with these stuffs? I just dont know.

10. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    LoL...I was the same as you, I was afraid to try it and I was never interested. I guess i started to become interested in 2013, tried it then became uninterested. I will never try it again. The adhesive was pretty irritating, and it some it got in my eye once I took the lashes off. Yeah, it got pretty messy; I guess I'm just not good at it but I don't want to keep trying until I'm expert. Maybe when you feel the need to give it a try your experience won't be as horrible as mine. :)

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used fake lashes I always thought about it but I don't see how comfortable they will be because of the glue and what if there is strong wind and they blow off lol so I rather just stick to my real ones.

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't even worn mascara in 20 years! I can't imagine putting on false eye lashes; I think it would drive me crazy. Also, after all these years I would be concerned about potential irritation. My eyes are pretty sensitive and I just wouldn't want to take that chance.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They are uncomfortable and itchy, but once on they stay on. No amount of wind could blow them off.

#13Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have never worn false eyelashes and never will. I think mine are just fine the way they are. I haven't worn mascara in about 30 yrs. and I won't wear that any more. I only wore that when I was young and I gotten away from that when they were saying it wasn't healthy for your skin. So it was good bye to that also.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, my eyelids are twitching just thinking about it and I've never in my life worn fake lashes before. I don't trust a lot of so-called beauty products that are sold these days. People are so obsessed with their appearance that they overlook the fine print and a lot of stuff that is sold is either made from harmful materials or of very poor quality.

16. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried false eyelashes nor would I ever, they seem to me like they would be uncomfortable and not only that I would be afraid of then falling off or getting stuck to my real eye lashes and not be able to get them off. I used to have a friend of mine that would not leave the house without her fake eye lashes and one time she lost one of then in her food when we went out to eat, too funny. She stopped wearing them after that!

17. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I wear them only when badly needed like for a photoshoot or a very special event. I don't wear them on a daily basis though because they're really uncomfortable and it makes me feel uneasy. But for parties and videos and photo shoots, they're perfect!

18. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have heard that getting the individual ones like that are so much better than having full fake lashes. Not only do they look more natural and last longer, but they're also not as heavy as the ones you get from the store.

As for me, I think I would look pretty ridiculous with fake lashes so I've never tried them at all.