Have You Experienced Having Errors When Paying Through Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by sidney • Dec 24, 2012.

1. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Never had any errors on my side of the deal. One of the freelance clients I work for accidentally paid me twice, and I told her and asked her to just cancel the payment. She's in Rumania, and she said it would be much more straightforward if I just issued a refund from my account. I didn't go into the detail, and she didn't expand on it, so I don't know why it was a problem. I can honestly say all my dealings with PayPal have gone smoothly. (knocking on wood as she says so!)

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I did email them twice before, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Luckily, I discovered that all it takes for the payment to get through is to pay using your mobile browser.

3. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I get them from time to time. But when shopping through eBay of course you'll get errors. I do mostly with eBay and n other website. Mine are usually fixed after a few days, I hope yours is fixed soon otherwise you might have to contact paypal. I've had to contact paypal quite a few times because of this issue and it was fixed immediately

4. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Nope. I had absolutely no issues using PayPal. When I was new to it, PayPal forced me to link my Credit card whenever I thought of buying something. Got fed up with continuous prompts and linked CC to my account. But, I never had errors as you mentioned in your post.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well in my case, even if I have already emailed them, the error was still there. I waited until the system resolved itself after a few days before I was able to pay. But since I have now verified my account, I don't experience any errors anymore. I guess verifying your account solves the problem in my case. Is your account verified when you experienced those errors?

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had another error problem with Paypal. My bank upgraded my debit card so my account number etc changed. That's the only reason I can think of for the error. I need to sort it out with my bank because I think Paypal is confused, haha.

7. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    No issues with PayPal for me, and I've been with them for many years. Let's hope it stays that way. The problem you experienced may have had something to do with the seller's PayPal account?

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't think so, because I messaged the sellers too, and they don't seem to have any problem receiving payments. It seems like Paypal just blocks your payment if you buy often at Ebay and your Paypal account is unverified.

9. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I have never had any problems with paypal, but it's good that I have read some of your posts and got to learn a few things here and there. :)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I guess you really need to have a verified acount to avoid experiencing blocked payments when trying to pay. I also noticed that I can now pay using a different IP other than the one that I used when I signed up to Paypal. I guess since my account has already been verified, they can't limit or block it anymore.