Have you gotten rid of your television cable?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by andrew320 • Jun 8, 2012.

1. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I love my cable buy I have just a basic package. i love the cooking shows and science shows. I really enjoy all the history channels. All the other shit you can keep. I rarely even watch the news on tv since its becoming more like Entertainment tonight instead of actual news. I watch movies through my game system. We just download them off the net and transfer to a flash drive and plug it into the xbox.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I have benefits from my cable such as shows that talk about education, history, and even movies. I learn from those television shows and they sort of became my guilty pleasure after I'm done with my studying and because of that I'm pretty sure that I won't be cutting my cable connection. :)

3. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I got rid of cable last year nothing that interests me comes on tv anymore. I only ever turn the tv on then go back to work most of the time. I watch one or two shows I can catch online at hulu.com for free and any movies I want to see I watch on netflix.com.

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I want to get rid of it but haven't yet. I think I will go back to filling my time in other ways like I use to in my childhood. I entertained myself without watching TV then and I can do it again because a lot of times now, the TV is just on making noise and I am busy reading or doing something else. So I am so sure I can do without it because I am really a music person and love music.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, we just subscribed to cable a couple of months ago, and it seems like my dad is keeping his subscription for years to come. He's retired already, so he is the only one frequently watching tv in here. The monthly fee is only $13 anyway, plus the installation and 2 months deposit fee, so cable is pretty cheap over here and you have no holding contract.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a brain sucking, time waster lol. I had no problem getting rid of mine,.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I watched TV though there other ways I waste my time. Like watching funny video clips on youtube. It's just as bad, IMO. However I'm thinking of getting a subscription so I can watch the world cup and the Olympics next year. I'm a sucker for entertainment!

8. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet, but I might as well have! I never watch cable TV. Honestly, the only real reason cable TV is needed is to keep up with the news and what's going on in the world. Today, you can get all of that and more via your smartphone. Otherwise, you have Netflix, Hulu, and the network companies streaming TV shows/movies. As the months/years go by, the less cable TV will be needed.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't have cable for several years and watched all my shows online, but 4 months ago, I got DirectTV when I moved because my phone company bundled it with my phone and internet. I'm okay with the one amount that I pay for all 3 services, but if the price goes up, I can get rid of the DirectTV and go back to internet TV.