Have You Heard Of Garcinia Cambogia?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 5, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of slimming products that circulates all over the internet and most online stores and they all have the same ingredient, the Garcinia Cambogia. I heard Garcinia Cambogia is tropical fruit and they also call it the Malabar tamarind. I've seen testimonies of people who've used products with Garcinia and most of them say that it's effective and they totally lost a lot of weight while using the product. I was actually intrigue by it and would like to try it yet I'm a bit scared as there might be some side effects in taking it.

Have you ever tried products with this ingredient? Is it safe and really effective?

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm.. I haven't heard of that slimming product but there's one effective product that I'm wanting to get a hold of. My friend has been using it for quite a while but she already stopped because she feels that she's loosing to much fat--It's called Green Coffee. I've seen one fruit drink company selling one in 7'11 but I forgot the name of the product. They listed the Green Coffee in one of their slimming ingredients.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Really? I haven't heard of it either. However, I'm familiar with slimming coffee and there are tons as I've seen on facebook and other online shops. It got me intrigued and knowing that you can lose weight by just drinking coffee makes me thrilled in light of the fact that I love coffee :)

Tell me about it once you remember the name of the product or the company selling it. Cheers! :)

4. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    This is noted. I'll let you know once I've come across with that product again. I've tried the Brazilian Coffee before, reason why I've tried it is to test if it does work and then resell it to my friends. So far, the results are good, from 60kgs I went down to 55kgs in just two weeks, this was 2 years ago. I'm currently doing the military diet because I weighed 80 before starting the program and now I'm at 72. I need to tone my fats down and cut on carbs because it's affecting my liver.

5. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this product, but have never tried it. It is too expensive for me and if it doesn't work then all the money will go down the drain.
    Hi Beige, What is military diet? I would like to try it. I am 70kgs now and want to reduce to 60. Please let me know. I have been trying very hard to bring down my weight but have not yet succeeded.

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, @anupamas2@anupamas2. I won't be telling you much about the detail but Military diet mostly is a form of diet plan that you follow that is more of a low carb diet. You may want to check this link for more information about the plan>

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks Beige for the link. I will follow it and see the result. This is a three day plan. Do I have to repeat it? How many times do I have to do this to achieve the desired result. I want to reduce 10kgs which will be almost 20lbs.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used products that have the garcinia cambogia in them, but to be truthful, I am not sure if they actually do anything or not, as far as amping up my metabolism and helping me to lose weight.
    That being said, I am losing weight; but I think that it is more because of the low-carb diet that I am following and the exercise that i am doing each day.
    As far as side effects, I haven't noticed any; so I don't think that there is any problem with taking this product, as long as you are following the prescribed amount.
    I am pretty sure the formula that I am using has both the garcinia Cambogia, the green coffee, and also something called raspberry ketones, which is also supposed to be helpful for losing weight.

9. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry for the late reply, @anupamas2@anupamas2. Days are so busy lately, so I cannot attend to some queries. You're welcome by the way. I would recommend you repeat this. And if possible, I would recommend you compute your BMR, so that you can see how much calories you need to take to lose weight. You know, it's possible to lose 10kgs but not in a drastic way. I would recommend you do jogging or any cardio exercises at home when doing this, so that your body won't go into a withdrawal.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Really? I've done the Military Diet a few weeks ago and I kinda like the result. May I ask what food do you eat during the 4 days off? We do eat veggies and fruits as well as brown rice, in replacement to white rice which to maintain our calorie intake for the day. I know this works although I can't really track my progress since I don't have a weighing scale.

Hi there! May I ask what brand of Garcinia Cambogia are you using? And where do you buy it? My uncle does use it and he loses a huge amount of weight which made me realize that it totally works. Well he also limit his food and take and follow a proper diet obviously that's why he get a good result. I did ask him however where is he getting the product but it's too expensive for me that's why I wasn't able to give it a go.

I'm not aware of Malabar tamarind. Although I've used some slimming products, I don't remember hearing it or even seeing it on the label. May I ask what certain products or brand did you try? Does it have any side effect on your body or metabolism? Kindly let me know, thanks! :)

#10Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  11. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Malabar tamarind is another name for garcinia cambogia. If I remember right , it is part of the seed that is used, and not the fruit itself.
    I have actually used several different kinds, and they all seem to have about the same ingredients. I found mine on Amazon, and just ordered whichever brand was the cheapest. Some of them have caffeine in the formula and some of the formulas do not have it. I can use those for afternoon and evening doses, and the one with caffeine, I only use in the morning, so it will have worn off before bedtime.

12. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I eat/take banana, Oat meal/Quinoa/Corn Rice, Hotdog/Canned Tuna (Ligo brand because it doesn't taste like a tin can and it cost less), Eggs, Grapejuice/Water-baking soda and then cheat day every Saturday :D
    I would recommend that you get a weighing scale, I saw one in Lazada for only 300php. :D

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I see. As of now how much pounds have yoy lost if you don't mind me asking. I've tried eating corn rice before but I don't really like the taste. But I do love brown rice and I eat it as a white rice replacement.

Ok I'll check one from Lazada. How many days before you receive it?

14. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm at 70kgs now. And I'm currently maintaining this because this is my ideal healthy weight. :D

Oh. Mine I received it just the next day after placing the order online. Fast isn't it?

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I see. Does it have any side effects? Or appetite loss? I've tried one with Garcinia in it as well as L-Carnitine, the jelly product if you've heard of it i haven't seen the results yet since i have only tried it once. Probably after 2 weeks I might be able to see some results if it's effective or not.

16. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Nice :) I hope it will work fast for me as well since I want to have my old figure back. Do you work out while on the Military Diet? I think the result would be faster when you work out.

Yes it is fast. I believe you live within Metro Manila that's why it is fast. However, mine takes time since we're in provincial area.

17. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Something like that haha! But I jog at least 3 times a week. How about you?

I live here in Mandaluyong that's why it's fast. But when I'm in Bulacan it takes only 5 or 7 days.

18. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I must check out this military diet. Thanks for the link @biege@biege. However, I have seen a significant change of 11kg within one week (I know it's unhealthy but had a target) by using cabbage soup diet. I had added exercises twice which is totally against the diet plan.

About Garcinia I too have seen and read a lot online however, I don't see the product in my area.

19. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    What I have been doing is following the low-carb diet, plus exercising every day, and swimming at the fitness center 3-4 days per week. I have had a slow weight loss of about 35 lbs; but during that time, I have also built up and toned my muscles and have added muscle weight to my body. Since muscle weighs four times as much as fat does for the same size of amount, I am sure that the reason I have not lost more weight is because of gaining more muscle. I am satisfied with that, because I am losing weight, even if it is slower than I would like .
    However, since I am almost 72 years old, my metabolism is just slower now than it was when I was younger, and even when I am exercising, it is not as strenuous as it was when I was younger and in better shape.
    One of the best things about the low carb diet is that it is very healthy, and you are never hungry because the foods that you eat satisfy the body for many hours. I usually eat about 2 meals per day, plus a protein drink after I go to the fitness center.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I see. I do cardio hip hop everyday and I consider it my main workout haha :D And I do believe that results are really better with exercise.

Same in our province. It will take up to 10 days just to reach the item that I order online. I don't usually buy stuffs online however, if the item that I'm looking for is not available at the local store, I won't have any choice but to buy online. I guess it.'s fine as long as the website that you are ordering from is trusted right?

Do you also shop at E-bay? What about AliExpress?