Have you heard of new bank memembers recieving money for opening a checking account with direct depo

Discussion in Credit Cards started by shanshanshan • Oct 5, 2012.

1. shanshanshan

shanshanshanNew Member

Threads:
    I have heard many bank accounts do this. Has anyone else heard this before and know how to make it happen? :D

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I've never actually heard of a bank giving you cash for opening a checking account with them. But it could exist out there, and even then, there's still probably a ton of catches that come with it in the fine print. I wouldn't trust them anyways, just open up with a bank (or credit union!) near your home for easy access, has a lot of ATMs, and gives good service.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Many banks have some scheme or another to lure customers from other banks to open an account with them. Maybe the article in the following link can give you some examples that may be useful for you:

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Chase bank offers $100 for new customers. You don't get it until your account is open for a determined amount of time. I have also seen a few banks offer customers $50 if they use online bill pay.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep!

Woodforest National Bank does it, as far as I know. I know some others do, but I don't know the names. It's basically to get you lured in and have money going directly into your account all the time.

6. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have direct deposit with bank of America, and they deposited $50 into my checking account for opening a new account with them. It's a very good way to get more new customers. I plan on taking advantage of other banking promotions like this since, it hasn't been working out wit Bank of America.

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have heard about this. But, I am pretty sure that most banks do it only with new customers, not with existing ones. When I used to take deposits to the bank for my old job, the bank teller kept telling me that I should open a bank account with them. A direct deposit would give me free money after a while. I am very happy with my own bank, so I always declined - but the more the teller would tell me, the more I realized it was simply a marketing tool. You can always try to call and say that as a loyal customer who uses direct deposit, you can say that, if anything, you deserve this more than new customers or you will leave to another bank who will value you.