Have you heard of the "Pebble" watch?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Oct 31, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    If you are in to technology, you may have heard of the Pebble. Does anyone have one or have you heard anything about them?

2. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I have heard the term but don't know anything about it! I have even seen a site or blog or something of that nature for "Pebble". Never checked into it all. What is this all about?

3. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I've never actually seen one, just heard a lot of buzz about it. When I say never actually seen one I mean I haven't even seen one being sold online or reviewed or anything like that...

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard anything about "pebble watches." I wonder what is so special about them and if they are popular yet. What do they even do?

I looked up their prices online and they seem to be expensive. Why so much for a watch? I don't know of a single person who owns one.

5. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    That is the new "smart watch" right? Yes, I saw a news story on them yesterday, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. I think the only thing they would be good for is for people who are monitoring heart rates, how far they run, that kind of thing. I would not buy one for myself, at least not yet. I may think about when they get cheaper and when I really start taking better care of myself. Other than that, I don't see any point to them.

6. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    I've been interested in the Pebble watch for some time, but I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Gear instead, or wait for Apple to come out with the iWatch. I think that smartwatches have a lot of potential for use that smart phones don't offer, but I am not going to break the bank over it until I'm sure I will get good personal use for my money.

7. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I have really limited knowledge on the pebble watch. From what I've read online though is that they are water proof, it can run a ton of apps, and works with both iOS and Android phones. Other than that I don't know much else. I am curious to see one in person though. Like I can't say I've ever seen one of these "smart watches" on somebody's to buy list. Surely there is a market for them though since the production of this product has not slowed in any way over the years.

8. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    It's a pretty cool device, though with the Motorola 360 and the Google watch coming along it's going to see some hard competition. That said, there are a lot of cool things you can do with the pebble, however, the best thing about the device is that it is highly personalizable. I'm a programmer who has to do presentations all the time so I created a small script in PHP, using Slides, Pusher, and PebbleTasker, that allows me to control the entire presentation using nothing but my watch.

Another thing I am an enthusiast about is home automation. With a Belkin WeMo and/or an Electric Imp, you can use your watch to turn on/off electronic in your house. For example, I have it setup that when I open my garage door with my watch, it also turns on the lights and PC in my room that way everything is set to go by the time i park my car and go inside.

So, again, it really comes down to what you do and what you want to do.