Have you noticed the benefits of swimming in salt water?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by dieselfit • Jan 18, 2014.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if anyone realizes this but I'm sure it's obvious. The beach can be a perfect place to get a skin cleansing going. The salt in the sea/beach is usually found in very high amounts. I notice after swimming in salt water, my skin is very soft and smooth. Not only that, I had pimples of some sort on my face but it slowly disappeared after a few days of swimming. Salt water treatment has been around for hundreds of years and I think it's probably more healthier than the products and cosmetics people use for skin care. What do you think, what's your experience with salt water?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Salt water is the best for healing pimples, small injuries and bruises. I went to the beach last week and I find my skin has been dryer (due to the sun and the salt water), but the eventual small injuries and pimples I had are gone! However you should not spend that long in salt water because it tends to dehydrate your skin a lot, not to mention the hair for the long hair ladies out there. I love to go into the sea, stay for 10 minutes and leave. It refreshes and reinvigorates so much!

3. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you're saying about the drying part. For the ladies it can actually be beneficial because it removes the oily part of the hair that we don't need. I've looked into it and one woman was saying she would swim in salt water for only 30 minutes and she would notice great benefits. The hair may come out dry but once you shower, it becomes full of life and shininess. I noticed this with my hair and I'm a guy lol.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I swim on the beach in the summer and I notice mostly improvements in my breathing, my asthma issues tend to improve. To be honest I don't see that my skin gets better, but this is probably related to the sun that is hurting my skin as well. As for the swimming itself, it will probably depend on the beach. If you have a quiet ocean and not much wind, perfect, we can practice swimming with no problems, but if we have a rough sea and wind we best head off to the swimming pool for some a quiet session.