Have You Paid A Hefty Sum For Trainings/seminars Before?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by maxen57 • Jul 18, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I've lately been very interested in beekeeping and while I don't have the funds now, I'm toying with the idea of enrolling in a short beekeeping course offered by a university in my area sometime in the future. It's a part of the UPLB Biological Sciences programs. Called the Bee Program, it's promoting the awareness of how bees play a vital role in our environment as well as serving as a good livelihood alternative.

Anyway, the registration fees that cover the materials needed, light snacks and the training itself is a bit steep. Not to mention, if I'm going to start beekeeping, it would totally require a good bit of capital to even start a hive or two. I suppose I could save up for this. But have you ever had to pay for a training at a ludicrous price?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am lucky to have attended countless of training sponsored by our office. Whenever I would get promoted to a higher position, the company would send me to a fee training for a week or 2 and usually it is about IT management and operational techniques. Other than technical training for the office, I have not attended a fee course yet.

My husband has attended several writing courses that he paid a fee. Usually it includes meals and snacks so you can imagine the expensive fee. He once attended an 18-day training for scriptwriting with a fee that costs us a fortune.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been planning to do this for the longest time, but I'm not sure if the seminar is still offered. It's a paranormal seminar offered by Jaime Licauco that costs $150. It will teach you a lot of things and you will also undergo past life regression, along with teaching you remote viewing, psychometry, etc. I now have to double check if that seminar is still offered because it's been a long time since I have checked it's availability.

4. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to attend a paranormal seminar. I've always been interested in paranormal stuff because it played a big part in my life. I live between two haunted locations. My brothers and I spent our elementary and high school days in an institution that used to be a cemetery during the second World War. I worked at a factory that I later found out was situated in an industrial park where it used to be a wooded area and the land of the factory was a resort where a foreign boy drowned. There have been sightings of that little boy throughout the years, too. Even when I became a mother, my son was haunted by both an entity and a spirit six years ago. I guess I needed to find out if I have a connection to these events.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to have continuing education classes every two years at my expense. To keep current with changes in my industry I am often paying for classes and some very expensive. Recently there was a class that I wanted to attend that would have helped me improve my business but the fee was out of my reach.

6. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    In 2010, I got myself into some deep shit. I remember signing up for this program that said I could make millions, and all I needed to do was post products on a website and wait until the sales came in which was guaranteed. It was only guaranteed if people spent the money, I understand that now.

I needed to spend $500 to get started in the training, and the rest was going to be billed to me at $210 a month to cover the other $4500 that I owed. It was a rip off.

I set myself up for failure, that's the most I've ever let a business steal from me. I didn't make one payment, I knew it was not going to work out after a few days. They told me there is no refunds.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I think anything through an accredited university but if there is another step involved, I would look to alternatives like niche groups that may offer a discount. When it comes to people with no credentials, I tend to pass. The only other thing I could suggest is to see if your public library or university has classes through ed2go or Universal Class.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @maxen57@maxen57, It's more about spirituality though, not really about ghosts and ghost hunting. I'm not sure if they will also try to open your 3rd eye, but they do teach you some "special abilities".

9. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I know it's not just about ghosts. It's more about being more open and sensitive to your surroundings. I actually have an aunt who's a healer and she's the one who healed my son. I was told before that if I wanted my third eye opened, I would need to be sure that I actually want this because my sensitivity will definitely be heightened. Maybe I should look this Jaime Licauco up, too.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @maxen57@maxen57, How can your aunt heal? I know someone in here who supposedly heals, but I am skeptical of such abilities. Were they just acquired or the abilities were already there since birth? What is your son's ailment?