Have you seen Godzilla?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by JaydonTyler • May 21, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Not in real life, I'm talking about the new movie. Unless you have seen Godzilla in real life, you can talk about that experience too.

I am wanting to watch this movie. It's been a while since I have gone to watch a movie in theatres. I'm thinking of getting some people and going to watch this one.

Has anyone here seen it yet?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not yet but I am really planning on seeing it. I am going to see it in 3D. It is a must-see in 3D. I heard many positive reviews about it so there's just no reason for me to hold back from watching it.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not seen it and I was not planning on doing it, but I've heard some great reviews from friend and I think that I just might do it. My older kid seems to be excited with it too, so the next weekend is probably going to happen. I love this sort of movies and I am really glad to see that my kids love it too. :)

4. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! My girlfriend and I watched it and I have to say I'm not thoroughly impressed by the movie. The movie in itself is good but I think it lacks the main event which is Godzilla. It focused more on the human characters which is kind of disappointing since the main reason I watched the movie was because I want to see some monster battle, which it does have but not that much. Probably just a a handful of scenes and the rest are just people talking. But the movie was good enough I guess, just lacking when it comes to the monster fight.

5. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    I've seen some of the older stuff, the classic Godzilla, Mothra, etc. I'm just not sure, sometimes, whether he is a villain or a hero. Sometimes he saves Tokyo, and sometimes Tokyo's in his way. Well, whatever that new one is, it has to be better than that old cartoon series I watched on the subject one time. That one wasn't that great at all. And was "Godzuki" really needed?

6. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I know it's not a horror movie, but I'm going to include with horror movies when I say - they have yet to master the art in making these types of movies. Ever notice how you are let down a lot more times then you enjoy the movie? I like zombies movies.. Well, i like the idea of them. They're fun. But almost everyone sucks.

I hate being let down over and over with these movies. Wasn't bad, but could have been a lot better.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No - I have not seen 'Godzilla'. For some reason, this movie does not appeal to me. I did see 'The Lego Movie' which I thought was funny and had a great message.

The only thing that appears awesome about 'Godzilla' are the promo pics. They are great!

DCL_Godzilla_051514.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what's strange? I didn't know about the Godzilla movie until I saw this thread. I'm a movie junkie but it seems that I never saw any promotional trailers here. I'd most definitely love to see the movie. I like seeing giant monsters wreck some stuff.

9. samoosh

samooshNew Member

Threads:
    I saw it but it just felt like a lot of waiting around for something you knew was going to happen. I much preferred the original, the new one had all of these flashy effects but lacked a good plot or real explanation of what was happening. Although Aaron Johnson was good in this and the early scenes were interesting.

10. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    I saw "Godzilla" its opening weekend, and I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I can understand the criticism leveled against it as far as not having nearly enough of the title character in the film itself, because I'd loved to have seen more of him too, but I was pleasantly surprised by how this film came out. The last 20 minutes or so were pretty awesome. I liked the fact, too, that Godzilla was really the "good guy" of the picture, not just some screaming monster out to destroy Tokyo (or whereever). My own criticisms against the movie are that the human characters (except for Ken Watanabe and the criminally under-used Bryan Cranston) were people I simply didn't care one bit about. Aaron Johnson was terrible. His character couldn't have been more boring, and I simply didn't have any feeling of concern or anything for he or his family. I also was getting a bit frustrated on more than one occasion when they would show you Godzilla squaring off and about to throw down with the other creatures, and then they'd cut away to something else that wasn't nearly as interesting. But that said, the visual effects, the action, the tension - they were all extremely impressive. I understand a sequel (likely two) is already on its way towards development and I'd very much like to see what else they do here.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not seen it and probably will not plan to see it in the future. I have seen at least two versions of Godzilla already, how much can it change over the years.

I understand the film is long which is another reason I will not go to see it. I think films are getting way to long for my interest.

12. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I saw it and it was alright. It's decently entertaining but the acting is spotty and there isn't as much action as I'd like. Honestly the movie felt like it was all about Cranston and his son, and Godzilla was just a sideshow. There wasn't even that much fighting (though the fights were very well done).

Overall it was fine, but I wouldn't go see it again, and it wasn't worth $10.