Have You Started Christmas Shopping?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by iluvmario • Nov 1, 2012.

1. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    It is halloween and I started Christmas shopping last week. I have always waited until the very last minute like the last week or so. I am so proud of myself that I remembered for the first time this year to shop early. Has anyone else started Christmas shopping yet?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few things for my kids. I probably don't need to buy them anything else. I prefer to get a jump on things but nobody tells me what they want. It can be frustrating. The kids on the other hand are not shy about letting me know what they want.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done any kind of festive season shopping for years. In fact, I have found that the best time to shop is just after the festive season. That's when a lot of over-stocked items are being offered at special discounts.

4. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I have not started the actual shopping but I have started browsing through the deals available. I usually start my holiday shopping from mid November and take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals as well. I do browse through a lot of sites and stores to get the best possible deals for my family so right now I am making a note of sites where I can get good deals.

5. PaulHer

PaulHerNew Member

Threads:
    I always wait until the very last minute.
    i don't know why...
    i just don't find the time and the motivation to go shopping.
    i'll try better this or next year.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been keeping an eye out for Christmas presents in the past few weeks. I need to buy three presents, two for my parents and one for my girlfriend. I don't bother with my brother because we don't really care about Christmas, we only do it to keep other people happy.

7. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I started and I'm done with Christmas shopping. I just have to buy Christmas cards now. This year I bought a couple things here and there so it took the sting out of my already tight budget. I like online shopping and a good bargain.

8. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I always start shopping in October. I hate leaving things until the last minute and I order most of my items online so I need to order early to ensure I get everything in time.

Shopping at the last minute causes too much stress and I don't like feeling rushed to do things. As soon as the Christmas catalogues become available I start looking through them for gift ideas and then look around for the cheapest.

Also, most retailers now start their sales way before Christmas, so starting early is a good way of getting bargains.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten to the point that what I give my family for Christmas are grab bags. What are in these bags, well things I know they like and use through the year. I find this to be a way to give them something that I know they will like and actually use. One of the things I do love about Christmas is my sister and brother complaining about their orders not coming. Every year I want to ask them why they wait till November to order things online or through a catalog. If I were to do this to be honest I would start in August or September.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, my Christmas shopping is already done. It feels good to get it out of the way before the manic rush in a few weeks time.

I bought my mum a Pandora charm for her Pandora bracelet. I bought my dad a quality handmade in England hat and I bought my girlfriend a rowing machine.

11. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    Christmas is great and famous festival in the whole world. Here I get lots of details about christmas shopping. Here I get great collection and information about different clothing and accessories.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased the two large items on my list. The kids just want games cards so not much shopping there. This the last week to get things done so I guess I will be out there at the last minute like so many others.

13. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, this thread was for Christmas 2012, but here in 2014 I'll use it to say: no, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. I'm not sure how much shopping I'm going too do this year, but hopefully I'll be savvy enough to get it all done before the last minute :).

14. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    That reminds me. Today I am gonna have to get the tree up knowing that November is about to close out. I have begun Christmas shopping starting this weekend, as the holiday is right around the corner now and approximately 25 days away to be exact. I'm unfortunately not going to actually complete the shopping until around December 22 because that is when I'll have all the cash required to do so.