Have you stopped using your land line phone?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by jewel777 • Jun 22, 2012.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    We still have a landline phone. I think we are just wasting money for paying something we are not using. Everybody have their own cellphone. You wont even hear the phone ringing. Maybe we need to have it disconnected.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If my next computer has a wireless card, then I'll ditch the DSL and the landline. Right now, my desktop needs to be hooked up to a modem which is hooked up to a landline. If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't have a landline.

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    In Jamaica, where I live, most people don't use land lines. They mainly use their cell phones. If they want to contact friends and family overseas, you can send them a text message on your cellphone, which is significantly cheaper than calling them, or you can contact them on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, or use VOIP services like Skype. I do all of the above, I hardly ever use a land line phone.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We stopped using ours a few years ago. I'm thinking about getting another one though because I'm one of the few that actually likes it when people can't get a hold of me wherever I go lol.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I no longer have a land phone; I just reached a point where I no longer needed one. I don't even sit and talk on my mobile phone with friends the way I used to do with the land line when I was younger. My friends and I communicate by text, email, or we get together in person. Life is so busy sometimes that you don't want a phone holding you back.

6. twistedyees87

twistedyees87New Member

Threads:
    Last year I got rid of my land line and I am full time on my cell phone. It only makes sense for me to do this. Best move I have done in a while.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We haven't had a landline in ages...just isn't worth the cost or hassle to us.

8. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    I was so reluctant to get rid of my landline phone but I never used it, noone ever called me on it. I was spending money every month for this phone and I never heard it ring. So I finally got rid of my landline about a year ago.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, we still have a landline for 30 years now, I wasn't even born yet when we had our landline. Until now we're still subscribed to it even if we rarely use it and we all have cellphones.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't and I don't think I would stop using it. My landline phone is one of the most important electronic device in my home since it's the only way that enables me to interact with my relatives who live in the province. Using a cellphone as an alternative is a big NO-NO because of the huge rates the network companies are pushing down on the throats of their consumers. If they're going to reduce their prices then I might go for a cellphone otherwise, I'm going to keep on using my landline. :)

11. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Hi

Though if we have all features in our mobiles. Its always better to have a land line phone in our house. When its a land line we can get more faster internet facility to our house. Because nowadays there is nothing more useful and necessary than internet.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually decommissioned my landline. Once everyone I knew and most companies I came in contact with had a mobile phone number then I knew I didn't need it any more. Also more and more businesses have an online option that you can use either to place an order or to report issues to. Online customer support is now more efficient in that in the past it would take several days before someone would reply. Now online customer support will usually send you an answer in 24 hours.

13. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    It is more profitable and cost effective to use a mobile cell phone rather than a land line phone because after all a mobile will make you more available than a land line.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What we have done is switched our landline to the Verizon Home Phone Connect. It is somewhere in between a cell and a regular phone line. It is plugged into its own box,and uses a regular phone like you would plug in, but the minutes are from our wireless plan. Since we have a plan that lets us use as many minutes as we want , it doesn't really matter which phone we use, or how many calls we make with it. It costs $10 for the service, and seems to me to be a lot better deal than I have seen advertised anywhere else, unless you want to get a magic jack.
    They are about the cheapest phone you can use, but they need an Internet hookup to work, so they only work when the computer is on. I think they also have one now, that works without a computer, so I am not sure if you still need an Internet connection for that one.

15. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I still used it when I am calling fixed numbers (not mobile I mean) because it's for free. I don't use it much though, possibly 10 or 15 calls the whole months, but it's enough to save some €s.

16. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I ditched mine a long time ago and am a hundred percent on mobile. I highly recommend it, not only because of the extra savings from not having to pay the land line phone bill but also because mobile phone packages have become much cheaper over the years.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I use my landline is when I need to phone a free phone number because my mobile carrier uncooly charges for these. My father uses the landline to phone the hospital, that is about all we use it for.

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I can't even remember the last time I even used a landline phone but I rather stick to my cell phone I don't see the use for a landline if you have a cell cause on your cell someone can reach you at all times and landline phones can only be used at home.

19. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    I stopped using my landline years ago. The only people who were calling me were Republicans and gun advocates.

20. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Seeing how we have all these social networks things and Skype and what not, i think normal land line phone has just gone... unused, like a fax machine, because of how cheap it is in the end.