Have You Tried Free Amazon Kindle Books?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 25, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have an Amazon Kindle but I do have an android. So I download the Amazon app that you can get to read your Kindle books. Sometimes I like to type in "free" Kindle books and see what pops up for free. Well it helps if you are a bit more specific about the subject of the book. Sometimes the books are great and sometimes I won't download them if I read the reviews and there are too many negative reviews.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many free kindle books these days, you can be choosy about what you download. Some are only available for a certain amount of time and do go back up to a normal price. I tend to download classics and cookbooks when they are available, and most in the public domain are always free.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the reader on my laptop, but I haven't downloaded anything in a really long time. But yes, I used to check out all the free reads.. especially cookbooks or science and history books. Maybe I'll take a look again soon.

4. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I have a Kindle Fire and every once in a while I find a good free non-fiction book to download. One was called "A Dog Named Slugger". I just checked and it's not free anymore. Sometimes new books come out and they are free for a while, but later a price is attached if you want to buy. Some of the classics are free: Dracula, for example.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that lots of writers normally do this. They'll allow some users to get the books so once the books are read, the readers could tell their friends about the book but when they [the referred readers] visit Amazon they'll find out that the book will cost them some cash.

That's why when anyone sees a book that think they might like that can be downloaded free, they should download it immediately because if they wait, they might be forced to buy it [especially if they] learn that it's a really good book.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, some are stimulate and boost download figures for that week especially when it's being released. Others offer free books when they have a new one coming out, as it boosts their media profile and also creates more SEO for them as free book downloads get circulated on various channels, social media and other blog sites. It's a good way to publicize and that's why some bestsellers will be offered free only for 24 hours. I used to try to post links so people could take advantage of this, but also due to differing time zones, some missed out.

7. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    My kindle is full of free books. I have built up my library with them. I have this subscription that emails me the free ebooks, and I pick and choose from there. Some of them are good, and some of them need work, but you really can't complain about free. Anyway, it's just the author's way of trying to get you hooked so you'll pay for the next story in the sequence.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been into reading books online or in apps. I prefer to read an actual book i guess i like the old fashion way of reading better lol, but it's also because i can't look at a bright screen for that long without getting a headache.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I didn't know that kindle had free books! What a pleasant surprise to find out! Thanks. I like kindle and amazon.com too. I always stop by to window shop at amazon.com. Now that I know that kindle has free books I'll be stopping by for a look every now and then to see what kind of free books kindle has. Again thanks!

10. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Here is a link for free and very low priced books on Amazon for your Kindle:
    Cheap Reads for Kindle: Free Books and Low Priced Reading Options

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have
    I have gotten a couple of classic books for free on Kindle, but I found I got bored with them and stopped reading them. I just wondered aloud if Moby Dick might be available for free on Kindle, I think I would read that. I do love the convenience of buying books on kindle, but the last book I bought, the price wasn't listed and I bought it anyway...and it was expensive...my bad..won;t do that again!

12. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Well, Ke Gordon, you're in luck. Moby Dick is free for your Kindle. Enjoy!

Moby Dick: or, the White Whale Kindle Edition
    Subscribers read for free
    $0.00 to buy

Print List Price: $13.45
    Kindle Price: $0.00
    Save $13.45 (100%)

13. Kerrifl

KerriflNew Member

Threads:
    I actually get a lot of the free books on kindle. I love that there are so many options to get from the classics that I always wanted to read but never had the opportunity to new authors or indie authors. Of course, some of the content is downright horrible and some needs some editing or some fine tuning, but often times I've found books that are well worth reading and would have bought for full price after I've finished reading them (if I didn't already own it, that is).

Reading the free books is often times a great way to introduce yourself to a new and upcoming author which you wouldn't have read if it weren't for free. I know that there are quite a few series of books or trilogies that I would not have been willing to buy had the first book of the series had not been free.

Don't forget though, that most libraries are also ebook friendly now, and as long as you have a library card you can download an app and have a book delivered directly to your device from your library for their typical borrowing period. I love that I can get books this way as well, although I can't keep them, I get to read whichever newest bestseller has caught my eye without needing to go into a store and spend my hard earned money.