Have you tried perming?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 13, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have naturally thick and curly hair, so perming doesn't really appeal to me. However, I saw a promo the other day on a deal site which offers 50% off on perming services. I want to get one for my friend who will celebrate her birthday soon. I am considering giving this voucher because she told me before that she wants to get a perm. Have you tried perming before? How was the experience?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a perm once as a teenager and I would never do it again, especially as there are so many other ways to curl your hair. Mine was too tight and it took months to grow out. It can look a little weird towards the end as the roots are straight and the the bottom is curly, so I had to always tie it up. I was so glad when it had grown out after about six months as I had long hair.

It depends on her hair length and type, but I would probably not give it as a gift in case she changes her mind.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, my hair is a bit wavy when it grows past my shoulders, so I don't need it and I don't think I would want one. I think giving a gift voucher is ok as long as your friend really likes it or wants it.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I think its a bit risky if it goes wrong as much as she wanted it she might blame you. I would err on the side of caution with this one and probably let her do it herself the first time round. If its something you think she will really like then go for after all you know her.