Have you tried the Pocket Hose?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by dconklin • May 17, 2013.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    The Pocket Hose is a hose that is flexible and folds up but in use it extends to a 50 foot garden hose. It looks like a great concept since hoses are always getting caught up on things and then eventually they get kinks in them or start to get a leak. Even when you keep them neatly rolled up they tend to eventually get kinks in them.

I am not sure how well this Pocket Hose works, but do like the concept of it. Looks like you can make this pretty small and you can stash it away in the basement or shed when not in use instead of having this huge rolled up hose. But being that I have never tried it and it is a new concept, I have no idea how well it will work or even how durable it will be. My uncle ordered one off of the TV but has not got his yet. He was not amused since it has been weeks now since he ordered it. We told him to wait and he would see it in the store so I didn't want to tell him that they had a bunch of them at Walmart.

Have you ever tried this one before and is it pretty strong or is it a waste of money?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn't even heard of this before, honestly. lol. It does sound like an interesting concept...hopefully someone here will have some insights.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    That definitely does sound like an interesting idea, but I doubt it works like it is supposed to lol. If they don't cost much, I might pick one up to try it.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The average review for the Pocket Hose on Walmart.com is 2 out of 5. There are pages of complaints saying that you can't put any pressure on it or it bursts easily. That's unfortunate because it's a really cute hose and the one I picked up in the store felt light and portable.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    That is unfortunate, I hope my Uncle doesn't end up with this problem! He has a power washer that he connects his hose to and also fills up a nice sized kid pool a couple times a week so hopefully it will hold up for him. Especially after waiting as long as he has been waiting for this thing to arrive. He definitely won't be happy if it doesn't work for him. The hose he has now is in bad shape so he figured he would order this one instead of buying a new regular hose.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I looked on eBay as well as Amazon to see if it was any cheaper on either of those websites, then to just order it off of the TV ad. There are several different brands of this hose, one green one, and one is blue . I think the little green one was as expensive to the 25' hose, as the blue was for a 50' one, but I might be remembering it wrong. Anyway' there were several different lengths, and prices for each link, so it is worth checking around before you buy any of them.
    I guess the next thing I need to do is to check the rating on the different brands, and see if all of them blow out under pressure .
    I am a senior lady , and the idea of a lightweight hose is wonderful, but if it is not going to last and be used under much pressure, then it is not a good deal at any price.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just saw the infomercial for this product and was amazing. It looks pretty cool in theory, but am sad to hear that it bursts when you step on it. It just looks so cool the way it comes to life when you turn the water on. I just want to try one once, but I don't want to spend the money on it. Maybe if it's in the clearance bin.

8. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    An update:

My Uncle cancelled his order through the company that he ordered it from - through the ad. It was taking quite longer then he was told and then they told them that they were on back order. He went to Walmart and got it a little over a week ago and it has been working great for him so far. Now he hasn't had it long, but he is good at putting a wear and tear on something so we shall see if it holds up to him!

Will let you know again as he uses it more this summer.

9. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    How funny is it that just today I saw an advertisement for this hose? It looked so small in his hand and yet it stretches out to 25 feet. I was thinking of buying it. Now I'll wait to see if there are more reviews on it.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you look on eBay and amazon, there are actually several of these stretchable hoses on the market right now. I have also seen several different ads for them on the TV , and one of the ads states that the hose has a 10 year guarantee. I can't remember which brand makes that claim, but I think one with that kind of a guarantee would not just pop when it fills up with water.
    I am still looking at them all , to decide which one will work the nest, for the lowest cost,and then, I am going to try one. It looks like it would be perfect for an older lady like me. I can still drag around a 25' hose, but the 50' one is getting really hard for me to deal with.

11. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    It looks so awesome, but so far I've seen horrible reviews on it. Which is ashame. One of my biggest pet peeves when doing outdoor work is tangled hoses.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I was hoping to get at least one or two of the 50' pocket hoses this year but it sounds like I may need to do more research on them first. It is disappointing to hear the negative reviews on them but it does sound like maybe there are some brands that are made better than others. I'll be looking for the one that comes with the ten year guarantee on it.

13. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    It seems pretty cool, I personally have not used it but I would like to try it out before buying it. I looked not long ago about this product and most people are complaining about it, that would put me right off for starters.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The reviews on Amazon don't look very good either, most of them are one star reviews. Some people were complaining that they couldn't get refunds until they got their credit card companies involved. Even then, they couldn't get the S&H refunded. The $12 shipping on these sounds excessive anyway. I would probably wait until you see them in your local store, then see if you like it. At least the stores will usually take returns.

15. Dharma

DharmaBanned

Threads:
    I just actually posted about this. I bought the pocket hose and it exploded on me. I am curious about some of the others like Dap. They look better to me.

16. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Well i have never had one but i guess it can become pretty much handy and prove to be very useful..is there some way i can buy it online.

17. wendyjames2

wendyjames2New Member

Threads:
    Some articles say that pocket hose make the water toxic and unsafe. Has this been proven?

18. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I saw this informercial and have been wanting to try this! Looks really useful but haven't bit the bullet to actually buy it yet.

19. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to get one but decided against it. My neighbor has one but he told me that it drips at the connector. When he uses it he does not open the water valve to its fullest so that the dripping is not too strong and wastage is minimized. I saw that the pocket hose is on sale at Walmart for less than $20 but then the 75 foot regular hose is at the same price. It may be convenience product but the quality of the product is not so convenient. I'm sticking with the regular hose. Sure it will take me a minute or two to roll it up but in the end its more practical.