Have you used Amazon to publish eBooks?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Scottf13 • Mar 26, 2014.

1. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I am a writer by trade, and have considered self-publish eBook fiction as a means of supplementing my article writing income. I have read many different stories from people regarding Amazon but I have to ask if anyone has had direct relations with this store when it comes to selling ebooks, or books in general. How is the sales process in general? Is it tricky to navigate? I am nearly finished with my eBook and I have begun to look for places to publish.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The sales process is not complicated. It's this simple.

You upload your manuscript > Create a salespage > Buy one of your books > Market your book > Wait for your cash at the end of the month when you make sales.

The only hard part about publishing on Amazon is that you'll need to heavily market the book yourself if you're to make any decent money from it. Since you are a writer I suppose that will be relatively easy for you because all you'll do is tell the world about your book in as many places as you can.

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    Amazon is one of many places you can publish your ebook, and they even have options to format a hard copy version of it as well if you'd like to offer that option to your potential customers. One of the biggest problems with Amazon is they'd like it better if you'd publish only for the Kindle, which is not a smart move for a clever writer. Maybe you should get the ebook made through a company like Lulu, and then get a store opened on Amazon for customer convenience.

4. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    I agree! It's not easy at all. You really have to push your eBook to get it noticed in Amazon Rankings. This means it needs backlinking, views and most of all reviews! If you can manage that right you will sell your eBook. If not you are one of hundreds of thousands that never show in Amazon's search results.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used it personally but a friend has used it before. lets just say the experience was great he actually got his money without any issues. The thing is that you will have to promote your ebook and make sure that people actually get to buy it. I love Amazon it is way better than eBay where people are always complaining.