Have You Used Bentonite Clay?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jasmine2015 • Jan 24, 2016.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen people on YouTube using bentonite clay for their hair. They say that it helps make the hair soft and that it clarifies the hair. They also claim that it will be hard to clean off the scalp so don't put it there. I would like to try some bentonite clay for myself. I might even use it for my face or feet like a spa or something. How have you used it?

2. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    @Jasmine2015@Jasmine2015 No, I've never used it, but I've heard the same thing about making the hair soft. I've been thinking about trying it, but I always forget about it. I think using it for your face and feet would be great. I can only imagine how wonderful your skin would feel. When you try it as a facial, please let me know your thoughts.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is interesting because i recently stumbled across something called Aztec Indian Healing Clay (deep pore cleansing - 100% natural calcium Bentonite Clay)- quite a mouthful, I know; but that's how it's described on Amazon. Anyway, I suffer from bouts of acne from time to time, and I hear this stuff is fantastic at keeping breakouts at bay! So I'd also be very interested to hear from people who've used it before. I'll be watching this thread, for sure :)

4. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    That Aztec clay is all I hear about. I have heard that when working with the clay that you must not use metal. Apparently the clay will react to metal and then it won't work as well. If I buy this clay it will be for myself. I can't afford to give everyone a clay mask!

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe I too wouldn't be buying to distribute it around. The stuff is very hard to find in my neck of the woods, so I'd be guarding it very jealously once I got my hands on it. I reckon my best bet will probably be Amazon. Then again, they don't always ship to Botswana. But I won't rest until I've found the stuff. I need to try it because the rave reviews are too good to ignore! I'll certainly be watching this thread like a hawk for more feedback.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, Bentonite is one of the ingredients in Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. You can find it at most drug stores, such as CVS and Rite Aid, and it's pretty reasonably priced for how large of a tube of it you get. I used to use this years ago, because I didn't like the gel masques which would get stuck to my face and were a pain to get off all the little bits that would stick. The Queen Helene masque is more like a mud mask, and it rinses off a lot easier. I've not tried it on my hair, but it worked wonders on my face - tightening up my pores, removing impurities, and leaving my face feeling refreshed.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Thanks for the feedback, @ohiotom76 :) Sadly, I've yet to find it in Botswana. I've looked in the drug stores and none seem to carry it. Next I'm going to start hitting the nature care stores and Indian stores. So fingers crossed I find it or at least something similar. I've heard about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, which has also received rave reviews.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Doesn't conditioner make the hair soft as well? So I think that I will just settle for that as of now, since it doesn't seem like bentonite clay is cheap, lol. If it's hard to remove on the scalp then it makes it all the more fussy.

9. EllieTamal

EllieTamalNew Member

Threads:
    Bentonite clay with a small ammount of water for acne cure - the best I've ever tried.