Have you used Dawn dish detergent lately?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by MrsJones • Nov 2, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I love Dawn dish detergent. I give Dawn its props for saving all those animals during that oil spill but lately the original blue Dawn has not been suddsing as well, or lasting as long. I find myself using more and running out and buying more. My last purchase of the original blue Dawn was the big bottle. It only lasted two, maybe three weeks. When before I would have it for at least a month and a half. My most recent purchase was not the original blue Dawn but Dawn Escapes. So far it has been one week and half the bottle in gone. I don't think it's me. Does anyone else use Dawn? Have you noticed anything different?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I have, but I actually found that the Dawn detergent is too slick sometimes and doesn't sud up as well. I use a generic one and I've liked it so far, but I haven't used enough different types of dish detergent to know which ones are best.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've always used Palmolive for dish detergent and also for dishwasher detergent. They were always the most consistent over the years that it was hard to move onto something else. Even if another brand is on sale, you'd lose money in the end as you would have to use more to get the same amount of dishes washed.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I love using Dawn for pots and pans. I have a dishwasher. Yet, I will use Dawn to thoroughly was the outside of my pots and pans. Dawn gets rid of grease.
    Other than Dawn, I love Ultra Palmolive with Oxy. I will use Ultra Oxy Palmolive to was dishes in between using the dishwasher.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have not noticed any differences with Dawn. I haven't paid that much attention to it though. I wonder if they have changed their formula or something. I usually go with dawn but sometimes I just buy whatever is on sale at the store.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up using Dawn until my dad found out from someone that Dawn makes your dish clothes stink. We had been having that problem for years even though we were being so careful to hang them over the faucet to dry when we were done using it. We switched to another detergent and the rags never smelled again. Consequently I will never buy Dawn as I do not want to deal with this problem again, they really smelled terrible after maybe 3 days use.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    That is something else that I have noticed but only around the time that I noticed I was using Dawn more. You're so right it is an awful smell. Maybe there has been a change in the formula that's creating that smell as well as not suddsing like it use to. Manufacturers really don't have any idea when they decide to make a change how the consumers react and sometimes buy their competitors' brand. Cause I think that's what I'm going to do. I have been eyeing that Palomolive.

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy Dawn for washing dishes, but I have used it for a number of other things. It does help get greasy stuff out of clothes, and I used it back when we had a dog to wash the dog bed to help against fleas. I've also heard of people who have really oily hair using it as a shampoo. I don't really want to find out about the bad smell thing the hard way, so I guess I won't use it for dishes. I would probably still use it for other stuff, as long as there is no bad smell issue.

9. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    The new Platinum Dawn is really great stuff. I have used regular dawn in my own restaurant and it does a better job than the expensive commercial pot and pan cleaner. The new Platinum stuff though is great for things like coffee mugs and pots and things that get stained easily. This new stuff is supposed to be a bleach substitute and certainly lives up to the standards set by the dawn original.