Have You Wasted Money On Your New Year's Resolution Of Getting Fit?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by lefttowrite • Apr 14, 2015.

1. lefttowrite

lefttowriteNew Member

Threads:
    We all know that one person whose New Year's Resolution is all about getting healthy for the year. They have gone great lengths to affirm their situation, even buying full year memberships to the gym. Although the gym is full on the first day of the year, it is nearly empty a few weeks after. This is because the lack of motivation after, which leaves buyers with money spent on an unused membership.

So, my question is are you not taking advantage of a gym membership you have? Do you know someone who isn't? If you do, you should encourage them to go back, because the gym is a great place to get fit and be healthier not only physically, but mentally.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The gym is a great place to get your self fit mentally and physically. Some people go to the gym to meet other people which is good to help expand your friend base and have other people to socialize with to help you stay motivated.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Hasn't everybody at one time made a new years resolution only for it to last a week and then it's forgotten about? I know I have many times!

I think getting fit or heaorgy is probably the main one that people tend to try and do when they're making a new years resolution, often signing up to a gym or buying exercise equipment but then the motivation gets lost and the money goes to waste.

Is there anybody who's actually stuck to a new years resolution? If so what was it and how did you manage to stick at it?

4. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    This year, I didn't waste money on a new years resolution. BUT in the past I have definitely done this. Special diets. Gym membership contracts that I ended up not using. Exercise equipment that just sits around getting dusty. Even classes that I paid for a month of sessions and only went to two classes. This year, nothing I decided to do cost me anything but time.

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I really hate seeing all of the people in the gym after New Years. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are there, but it has everything to do with the fact that that may be their only visit to the gym throughout the whole year. People really need to learn to find a sense of perseverance and motivation, because without it, you will never reach your goals no matter how hard you try.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    Another note, since I feel like ranting today: People should not waste money on a New Years resolution that they have no real intention to go after. I would say if you are going to keep doing that, then you need to find a resolution that works that is non-monetary. People need to work on themselves or go hiking more or be happy more often, those are all plausible resolutions. They're all free, as well. Save your cash.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I've done this a few times, the thing is, it's so easy for me to join a gym, but really challenging for me to commit to going on a daily basis. With a gym membership, going regularly is key, as is with anything worth doing. You have to stick to it. I don't set out at the beginning of the year saying, okay, I'm making this resolution, and 2 weeks from now I'm going to quit.

I think that we all set out to succeed, but we fall short. This year I didn't make any resolutions, but I still try to self-improve.