Have you watched The Conjuring?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Sep 20, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching horror movies, be it American or Asian. I have watched most of the major horror movies like Insidious, The Exorcist, The Ring, One Missed Call, The Blairwitch Project, and many more. Now, the most recent horror flick The Conjuring has slipped from my grasp. It has come and gone and I was not able to watch it! Was it as scary as most people say it is?

2. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I did. My cousin told me about it, So I got curious and watch it. I can say it's scary. It's a true to life story. I really admire people who work with this kind of thing. I DON'T want to experience anything like that. :D

#2Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. churchies

churchiesNew Member

Threads:
    One of my friends has been raving about it! Being a horror lover myself I can't wait to watch it, but at the moment I don't have the time due to university exams (which are killing me).

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a scaredy cat so I'm not interested in seeing The Conjuring. The trailer was scary enough for me. It's funny that they had an actual priest at the movie premiere in case anyone was scared and needed an exorcism or spiritual counseling after the movie.

5. lindbergh

Threads:
    Thanks for the feedback girls. I have just downloaded the movie and plan to watch it this coming Saturday with my girl. I tried to watch the first few minutes of the movie and the doll is just really creepy. I expect a lot of scares this weekend. Wish me luck.

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    Update! Just finished watching The Conjuring with my girl. It was pretty decent. It had some good scares and my girl was frightened pretty often. The movie knew how to build up the tension. But I think that Insidious was a lot more scary. I'm now looking forward to watch Insidious 2. :D

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see, so even if Insidious was a lot more scary, I'd still try to watch The Conjuring since the reviews have been great. The people behind those films are known to make low budget but good and scary films.

8. lindbergh

Threads:
    Yes, it's still very much watchable. Interestingly, the main actor in the Conjuring is also the main actor in Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2 - Patrick Wilson. I recommend you watching this film at night, in the dark for added scares. We watched it at 10:30 in the evening up to midnight. :D

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see, maybe the director and producer likes his performance as an actor? He was quite good in Insidious. Is the ending a cliffhanger or a conclusive one?

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw it, but was mostly disappointed with it. I used to read about the Warrens a lot growing up, so I was excited about this movie initially. But I didn't like how they were portrayed in the movie, they were way too idealized and prettied up. It stripped away a lot of their personality. Also, the scares were pretty textbook by today's horror standards.

11. lindbergh

Threads:
    I don't know if this will be a spoiler or not, but the ending was a conclusive one unlike that seen in Insidious part 1. I'm pretty satisfied with the ending of The Conjuring because it really does not set up anything for a sequel. Nothing bad happened in the end or something that would leave the viewers hanging. But I hear that they are now thinking about a part 2.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard great things about "The Conjuring". I think it's based on a true story or something. I'm not a big fan of horror movies because I usually have a nightmare every time I watch them. I think I will give "The Conjuring" a try to see how I like it. Thank you for the recommendation!