Have You Watched The Movie "chloe"?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by sidney • May 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom watch infidelity movies, but until I went to IMDB to check the reviews that it got, I never really processed the fact that Chloe was lying, lol. So I watched the movie again and yeah, she did seem to lie all about her "encounters" with David.

So have you seen this movie? It's one of those movies that have a unique plot and twist, so if you haven't then try to check it out. If you have seen the movie then what can you say about it? Did you like it or not?

2. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I have not seen this movie before but I think that later I will check it out just to see if it is any good. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure, since you are a male, you will love this movie, since it features a lot of topless scenes of Amanda Seyfried and one with Julianne Moore. :D

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read a great deal about the plot (many thanks to Wikipedia for the awesome spoilers), but I've never seen the movie. I know for a fact that Chloe centers on a twisted lesbian relationship and there are heavy psychological and sexual undertones not fit for children and faint-hearted people. My current mood stands between happy and cute so even though I want to watch this movie, I'd have to postpone the viewing date to a later time. Chloe's interesting, yes, but I've seen more graphic storylines (try Blue is the Warmest Color for a start and see if you can handle it).

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I try to watch all of the lesbian movies that seem even remotely interesting lol. Some are pure trash though, and Chloe isn't even really a lesbian movie. It just has sapphic themes. But I decided to watch it due to that anyway. I enjoyed it, even though I knew that Chloe was lying the entire time. She was too shifty. I watched it a while ago now, so it is hard for me to recall the specifics. But I definitely got the feeling that she was lying.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @xTinx@xTinx, It's actually a one-sided lesbian love, but the ending about the hair clip being worn by Julianne Moore will puzzle you. I will check out that movie that you mentioned.

@DreekLass@DreekLass, I just realized Chloe was scamming Catherine at the same time she was falling for her, since she was lying all along, but she still got paid for it. The part where Chloe claimed that David feels that he is cheating on Chloe by sleeping with Catherine looks suspicious if you think about it. But I wonder why Catherine wore Chloe's hair clip in the end? Perhaps she felt guilty for causing Chloe's death?

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have not seen the movie yet, but I already have an idea about how the story would unfold. My friends already spoiled this one to me, so I didn't try to watch it anymore. Based on what they told me about this film "Chloe," I really think it is kind of weird but in an interesting way. Another good infidelity movie is "Unfaithful." A little bit erotic, but I love the suspense/thrill it projects to its audience.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    The part where she was having sex with the sun? That bit was so dark to me. I think that the whole film was dark, but that was one of the darkest moments. If we did not know where Chloe's head was at before that, then that act with Catherine's son certainly put it into perspective for us lol. She kind of had to die though, even though I was sad when she did.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @dyanmarie25@dyanmarie25, I watched that movie many years ago, I actually now forgot the story. I guess it's time to watch it again online when I have time.

@DreekLass@DreekLass, No, after the graduation where she was seen with her hair tied and the clip was on her hair. Not the stabbing part. I actually think they made a fool out of the audience by using the clip as a weapon. It doesn't look that sharp! :D

I think that's how an obsessed and psychotic person thinks, they even view the child as someone they could date because they resemble or they came from the genes of their primary obsession. :D

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I wonder if others were sad when she died. I like how Catherine kept the clip, because it showed that her experience/experiences with Chloe had to have been worth something to her, even if it all went haywire? LOL. Is it bad that I bought that the clip was sharp enough to have been a weapon? Hahaha!! I totally agree. When a person is obsessed or psychotic, no lengths are too much for them to go to, in order for them to try to get whatever it is that they want. This is why I don't have any friends. People are freaking crazy lol.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Maybe Chloe was better than her husband in the "downtown department"? Haha. So she cherished the "moment" with Chloe. Lol. Chloe has started to be a menace when she won't stop bugging Catherine. I know love can make people do crazy things, but in her case, she doesn't know when to stop. If she didn't die, she won't stop stalking Catherine! The writer obviously opted for a peaceful ending.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    LOL! Such a scenario is definitely not unheard of so maybe that was the case lol. But it seemed like there was more in it - some type of affection in Catherine's gesture at the end. You know? I don't even know if Chloe loved her. She was just obsessed lol. She had to die because if not, she would have continued to cause destruction.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yeah there was when Chloe was sneezing, she seemed concerned, right? Which made the people at IMDB boards insist that Catherine "loved" Chloe. If she did, then she wouldn't avoid her, right? They would have been an intriguing loveteam if the feelings were mutual. Lol. A gyno and a hooker with a May-December love affair.

Have you seen the movie Jeniffer's Body? Amanda Seyfried again is in the cast, and it has an interesting closet lesbo plot like Chloe.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know. I definitely would not say that Catherine loved Chloe. If anything,t he basis of their relationship, I felt, was that for a while Catherine was just as obsessed with Chloe as Chloe was obsessed with her. It is not uncommon for women to become obsessed with the woman that their husband is cheating on them with, in a bid to figure out what that woman has that they don't, or just through jealousy. I felt that a little bit from Catherine, which led to the affair. But the gestures, I feel, came from her feeling sorry for how misguided Chloe was.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yeah, I guess you're right. She did mislead Chloe a bit by sleeping with her. You think Catherine was obsessed with Chloe though? I think she just wanted to see if her hubby was indeed cheating on her. After all, it was triggered when David purposely missed his flight to go out with his students, and then Catherine saw his phone, so she became suspicious.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have seen cases, in real life, where women are so obsessed with discovering if their husbands are cheating on them, and when they find the woman in question, they begin to compare themselves to this woman. I saw this in how Catherine was determined to know what sort of things he liked, and what sort of things he was saying to Chloe. No, it doesn't usually turn into an affair with the mistress, but I can easily see how it would happen. Obsession is funny like that. So I think Catherine was obsessed with knowing what it was that this other woman - Chloe - was doing for her husband that Catherine, herself, was failing to do. That make sense?

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yup, I understood your point. When women learn that their husband is cheating, then they either become obsessed or wrathful about the other woman. And even if Catherine is considered a MILF, most men want to tap younger girls, so the middle aged wife starts to become obsessed to know what the other woman has got that she doesn't have, aside from youth.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Tap younger girls lmao!!! I've never heard such 'language' from you before hehehe!! But yes, you are spot on. There are even cases where girls begin to date a guy, and them become aware of who the man's ex-girlfriend was, and an obsession starts between the current girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend. It is crazy. I say that the two women should just ditch the guy and get together. They'd be a hell of a lot happier lol.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I think my choice of words should be mild enough for this forum, lol! I think the current gf would only be obsessed if the ex was more attractive than her. If the ex isn't attractive then I doubt she would? Lol. I notice that if the ex was ugly in the gf's standards, she just ends up getting made fun of, lol.

If the writers didn't kill Chloe in the end, they could have made a sequel to the movie with Catherine and Chloe as lovers, lol. More money for them too.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, I agree that the current girlfriend would be much more likely to be obsessed with the ex girlfriend if the ex girlfriend was prettier. But I have also seen cases where that doesn't happen. Sometimes the boyfriend inadvertently makes it clear that the ex girlfriend was the one? The current girlfriend may be prettier but because she knows how much love her boyfriend had for the ex, that can also develop into an obsessive situation.

They could have made a Chloe part two, where Catherine and Chloe were lovers, but I don't think that it would have worked. Chloe was way too unstable and needy, and Catherine wasn't at that point in her life, I felt. It would never have ended happily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.