Having Many Shoes

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Alexandoy • Feb 20, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a simple person when it comes to personal belongings that’s why I only had a pair of leather shoes. And my shoes last for 3 to 4 years. But when my wife suggested that I buy another pair even if the old one is still serviceable, I noticed that my shoes have a longer life span. The old one lasted for 6 years while the new one is already 3 years (and I bought another for my second pair). The logic is the respite that the shoes get when you are not wearing. Unlike having only one pair of shoes, you wear it everyday and the wear and tear is greater than when you give it a rest every other day at least.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I always jog in my shoes and they are not top quality, but rather discount store variety. In that case, the OP's advice about having more than one pair might be wise. However, as an alternative, perhaps it would be smart to just buy a mildly expensive pair of quality shoes like Nike or Reebok.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have several pairs of shoes and they are practically gathering dust.

I however, am a person who likes to wear matching shoes and hence I buy them whenever I get a good deal.

Although I regularly end up wearing only one pair of shoes, I reserve the others for occasions.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like to shop for shoes and so I generally buy a few high quality pairs that last me for a few years. I do not go out much and have no real need for a bunch of heels. I wear a size 6 shoe which is hard to find at many stores. I normally buy a couple of nice pairs when they are on sale and keep them around for a few years. I just had to get rid of a pair of leather loafers I had and they had lasted me for about 12 years, so they were well worth the investment. I was sad to see them go, but they needed to be tossed out as the soles and inner lining were starting to come apart.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    When I want to buy shoes I always make sure to go for strong leather ones. The simple reason, I can trust them for longer durability. At the moment I have about four pair of shoes and I am sure they'd be able to serve me for the next two to three years. I just have only one pair of laced shoes, I go for the non laced, I see them as more fitting for any kind of dressing.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I need shoes or any footwear, I window shop till I find what I want for the best price. I love rubber sandals that's got a bit of cushion of 1-3" high. I window shopped and shopped and at Sears I found a bargain counter that had slipper's for just $3! Now that's a huge savings. I always check for specials on things I like to wear and find great bargains if I'm patient and hunting for bargain counters to save huge money on what I want in footwear.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to shoes and clothes, I'm a very simple man. A pair of sneakers and a pair of social shoes are more than enough for me.

Although I change shoes at a certain frequency, I never accumulate many pairs. In general, I donate my old shoes.

To be honesty... If I could I would live barefoot most of the time. ;)

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you could get by with one pair of shoes if you are creative and maybe let them dry out at the end of the day. They say, leather shoes soak up perspiration, your feet give off but I think you could put them in front of a fan or dehumidifier and they would dry out faster, for the next day?

I guess they lose their shape from the perspiration and get a bit musty if you don't let them dry out,so you could consider buying two pairs. I think today we need to think smarter to find a simple and cheaper way of doing things?

#8Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    So long as you have enough spaces in your shoe rack to keep shoes I think having many shoes is fine, say upto three or four pairs. In this way the shoes will last longer as too much pressure wouldn't be put on one or two pairs alone. In addition to this I make sure to go for strong leather shoes, the ones that can be trusted for a long time

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have never really understood this, but I think that it is more popular than I really thought that it was. For me it just takes up valuable space on the floor, but I guess some people do not mind that.