Healing Ear Piercings

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DancingLady • Nov 20, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I really, really regret ever piercing my ears. I have not worn earrings for 2 years now and the holes are still there, they don't even look any different really. Is there any trick to get them to close? I can't afford to have them sewn shut, that's like hundreds of dollars. I just end up feeling so emotional every time I end up thinking about earrings too much or people talk about them. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life to do that to myself.

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Healing of the ear piercing depends quite a lot on the type of skin you have. My ear hole will close if I do not wear the earrings continously for at least six months. Even my nose piercing have closed after not wearing the nose ring for several years. It all takes time.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why, what happened to your ears? Why would you like the holes closed? So does that mean you'll never wear earrings ever again? If you want to close your piercing holes so badly, maybe you can just go for a laser treatment. They don't cost that much. After all you're just closing two tiny holes. You can wear magnet earrings as an alternative.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They will naturally heal up by themselves. The holes will always remain, but you won't see them, but will feel them still on you lobes. You can clip ons instead. I have pierced ears, but haven't worn earrings for several years.

Don't worry about what has happened. It's like scratching a chicken pox and getting scarred. You have to live with it and eventually it will fade.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I could take my earrings out for years and the holes, at this point, will never close. They've been pierced since I was 4.

If I were you, I'd just take out your jewelry and forget about the holes. Like you said, they aren't that noticeable without anything in them, and just not that big of a deal. Even if they never close all the way, who cares, you know? Lots of people have a small wrinkle in their earlobes that look like previously pierced ears even though there's nothing there.

6. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Regular size holes aren't noticeable and will close over time -- it sounds like you got yours gauged out larger if 'sewing them up' has been an option. Exactly how big did you get them done?

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I pierced them myself with a sewing needle but never wore anything more than the standard size ladies earring post/hook. For the last several months the earrings I was wearing were those small hollow hoops that close where you pop the wire into the hollow hoop. The post was like a wire, it was the smallest post I ever used. After that I just threw them away and have never worn an earring of any kind since. I grew to hate the site of them, and the constant reminder that I had deliberately altered my body like that. I was frequently aware that there was a foreign object in my skin, although there was never any indication of allergy or infection. I just wish I had never done it, it was such a foolish thing to do. I never wanted pierced ears till I was 21, why did I think that after disliking the idea for 15 years, I would never change my mind back to how I had always been, not liking the idea, which is exactly what happened.