Healing your cavities naturally?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Sep 22, 2014.

1. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I have not heard any of these natural remedies yet, and my safest bet for cavities is to go to the dentist and have it filled. I think consuming more food stuff can make it worse since there would be more bacterial build up in the mouth. Prevention of cavities can be done through regular brushing of teeth, flossing and using oral mouth wash. Having regular trips to the dentist is also great if you have the money, to schedule check ups and teeth cleaning.

2. alexandrea

alexandreaNew Member

Threads:
    There are certain factors that can increase the risk of getting cavities, including foods that cling to your teeth for a long time, frequent snacking or sipping, poor oral hygiene, not getting enough fluoride, dry mouth, worn fillings or dental devices. Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia can also contribute to serious dental problems due to repeated purging.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Never heard of this before. However, it would be good to give it a try. I always try to get some home remedies to solve such issues. I would love to get some home remedy for hair fall. I am experiencing severe hair fall for some time now.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of dentist friend and I have never heard from them that those foods you mentioned could facilitate or regenerate a cavity. I have several cavities in my teeth and they were all treated by filling them. Well, I would like to guess the possibility of curing a tooth cavity is when the person is still a child especially those kids having a milk teeth. That could be possible. Isn't it?

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Once started, cavities cannot be cured naturally that is what I understand. And, the process of further decay could not be reversed either until a rectifying measure is not taken through a dentist.

However, natural remedies could be tried to stop the formation of cavities in the first place. But, there too, I guess, proper cleaning and regular check-ups are pivotal for maintaining dental hygiene.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that food is an important factor in healing different cavities and also recovery from various other diseases. In fact we have a whole separate therapy known as naturotherapy based on different foods and their role on our body. If we go for natural treatment of our various body dysfunctions and their remedies I am sure we shall be healthier and face lesser problems.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    While natural remedies looks like they are a good option during the initial phases, with increasing severity medical attention must be sought.

Cavities can destroy adjacent tooth and gums too so it is best treated by a professional rather than with home remedies. Natural therapy should be used as a preventive measure on daily basis if it is genuinely fruitful.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Decenlady I hope you will agree with me that the choice for a long lasting life depends on everything that you select and implement for yourself. In my views the food related decisions most of us take are really important to our health.

So when we eat unhealthy that makes a difference on our well being therefore it is important to eat healthy in order to live healthy which in turn saves money, although you have to go see an expert in case of an emergency but you cannot deny the importance of healthy eating for healthy living.

9. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Only a dentist can cure a cavity. There is no special diet or over the counter medicine that can cure it. There are so many click bait articles and videos online that targets people who loves to DIY to give traffic to their sites. All the information they give is a hoax. Adult's dont grow back teeth nor have the ability heel decaying tooth. Only children children below 7 years old maybe.

10. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Dora M@Dora M I think I do remember reading something about this (at the time I was scared to go to the dentist)...I'm pretty sure they mentioned baking soda and coconut oil (as you mentioned^).. I'm thinking if there really was a natural way to cure a cavity or any other tooth problem, dentists would all be out of a job. The info I was reading focused more on small cavities, like when they're first getting started, they were making natural mouth rinses to stop the cavity from continuing and healing up on its own instead. I never really tried it, just ended up going to the dentist because my cavity got worse and then the whole tooth started falling apart until I yanked the rest out myself and only had the roots left in there. Had no choice but to go in and have it taken care of. :confused:

#30May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  11. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @TuRon Davis@TuRon Davis I tend to agree with this. Gum disease is probably curable but I've never heard of tooth decay being reversed. I think there would be much more coverage by the media on this if it were possible and dentists would probably be out of business. I did have some success with sore gums by using apple cider vinegar though. This is a great natural product.

#31Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am not really sure if it's possible to cure cavities naturally, but if it is dentists don't want people to know about it because they would be out of a job. There are several natural cures that could really change our life, but that no one knows about them, or at least they are not main stream.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read or heard about this before but I do think it can be possible. Sometimes I get toothaches but sense I don't have the money to go to the dentist I have to do something about it myself. When I start getting a toothache I simply add a pinch of baking soda to the affected area. I leave it on for about ten minutes and then brush my teeth after, the pain usually goes away in two days. I don't know what it does but as long as the pain is gone I am good until I am able to go to the dentist.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am kind skeptical about the statement which indicates that eating certain foods will heal cavities. If there is a hole in your teeth is it possible that certain foods may cause the teeth to grow and refill the cavity? There are many things that may surprise us every day but this is one notion that I just can't buy. I can understand that eating certain may prevent or stop tooth decay but I am not prepared to accept anything further.