Health:great Healthy Ways To Cure Insomnia

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by lolo • Mar 7, 2016.

1. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    To help insomnia,here are some alternative ways that can be tried out.

My parents could't sleep well a few days ago and I followed these tips to teach them how to cure insomnia,it's really good with no side effects (if you take medicines to cure insomnia,some of them may lead to bad effects).It's never too late to try healthy ways to help insomnia,now my parents sleep better than before. If you are suffer from insomnia now.Hope this helps.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, luckily I have no problem sleeping even if had caffeine, I seem to have been immune to it already. Great tips though, I'm glad that it worked out for your parents.

3. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    It's really good that you can sleep well even if had caffeine.A good body is important for older people,anyway,take less caffeine will be better.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often see many posts about this on my Facebook feed - friends complaining about not being able to get to sleep and whatnot, and what I always tell them is that they should try reading before bed. Reading always gets me to sleep, not that I suffer from insomnia. But the eye movement has been proven to cause sleepiness. I am figuring that it is worth a try.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tiring yourself to sleep is also a good alternative, I think running or jogging inside your house can help. The more exhausted you are the better and faster you will get to sleep.

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think it would depend on which state you were already in, because sometimes I can be tired, or bored even, which in turn causes me to feel tired, and then I will get up and do something active, and then that then wakes me up. Maybe if you push yourself to the absolute hilt though, you will be sure to be tired to the point of passing out afterwards, and you will have burned some extra calories doing so :)

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    These are some great tips. My husband and I can both suffer a sleepless night or too. For us it's usually down to stress and thinking about work. We both try to eliminate caffeine from out diet and we try and keep screen time after 10 pm to a minimum. My husband likes to do relaxation/breathing exercises which clear your mind to help him fall asleep. I think it's about trying various things and finding which ones help when you have insomnia.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, When you are tired, then you have no choice but to fall asleep, right? I have also heard that taking melatonin helps people to fall asleep, so they might want to try that one out.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have insomnia as a result of my studying until after midnight when I was still in school. When I started working, I remember that I was drowsy most mornings because I lacked sleep. But when I married, I learned to sleep early and rise early. And the trick was to stay awake for 2 nights and on the 3rd night, sleep early. That did it and now I seldom lose sleep because of my healthy sleeping habit.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know people who, even when they are tired, they cannot get to sleep, which seems so strange to those of us who have no issues at all sleeping. I have never heard about Melatonin helping people to fall asleep. What would be the natural ways to induce Melatonin?

11. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    It depends on different people,everyone has different reasons when has low quality sleep.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Melatonin is a great natural way to help yourself get a better night's sleep. It is a natural hormone that our body manufactures, and it is triggered by darkness.
    Now that most people use artificial light in our houses, we do not receive the trigger for the body to start releasing melatonin. Also, as a person ages, their melatonin production gradually slows down, so taking a melatonin tablet can help correct this situation.
    I started out with 3 mg of melatonin, and take it about a half hour before I plan on going to bed, so that it has time to work. Usually, within that time, I will start feeling drowsy.
    As I have gotten older, I have gradually increased the dosage that I take, to balance out the problem that my body makes less natural melatonin , the older I get.