Health or Beauty?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Aurora • Nov 2, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    Some people do not like to dye their hair because it can cause cancer and severe loss of hair. However, the hair turns grey when someone grows old and it is not pleasant to the image. How will you deal with it? To dye your hair or let it grows grey?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been dying my hair since I was 12 because I had gray hair since then as it's hereditary. I think dying it is fine at that age as it was and still is only strands that I can see, but when the whole head is gray, maybe one should age gracefully.

I have a 70 year old friends, one tints with purple and pink, but still keeps her gray and another once I saw her roots, she does a full tint as she doesn't want to look old. It does make her look younger, but probably isn't good for her psychologically too as she thinks she is younger and tries to attract men in their 50s.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stopped dying my hair last year after dying it since I was a young teen. I'm back to my natural colour and still no grey, so here's hoping I have many more years to go before I get any. In my family, you either get it super young or super late, so I'm assuming I'll be getting it super late. My brother, on the other hand, started greying around 16 years old. I don't mind it at all.. I like it on most people. I doubt I'll dye mine.. it usually suits everyone very well in my family, but we'll see.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? Hair dyes can cause cancer? I've never heard of that before. Besides, different dye brands have different sets of ingredients so even if a certain brand is guilty of what you said, other brands may not. My mom uses hair dyes with less chemical content. She also dyes her hair by herself. She has to go through this process because the white hair distorts her features. It's not a pretty sight, mind you. So we all let her be. She looks a whole lot better with her original hair color.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I think gray hair is beautiful. I hope to embrace my gray hair as if it is an identifier of my wisdom. Also, I think if a person stays healthy, the beauty will come along with it.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    There are natural dyes like henna that are safe to use and not known to cause cancer of other health problems. I currently use it because I started greying very young and didn't like the look. I do not think you have to choose between health and beauty. Health is beauty. Letting your hair grey is a matter of personal choice, but it does not really make someone beautiful or not.

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I would love to say I've always chose health over beauty. But I'd be a liar if I said that. Sure I pick health now. But in my younger days I would always pick beauty. Of course, we all know that not everything that makes us look good isn't actually good for us. But when you get wiser you realize beauty doesn't exactly help longevity. So, you wise up and get healthier.

8. manila

manilaNew Member

Threads:
    I choose health over beauty but it.s true that health is beauty and health is wealth too! I try not to put too much chemicals on my hair and skin and as much as possible I go for 100%percent natural or plant derived products.

4 years ago I went to a salon to have my thick black wavy hair straightened but i regretted it because when i got home, I had plenty of falling hair for almost two weeks. I had to go to a dermatologist for treatment and the salon hairdresser gave me hair grower as a compensation. I never went back to chemical straighteners again . Besides, I think my thick wavy hair suits my facial structure better than straight hair. I thank God for my natural waves and I have learned to manage my hair too.

9. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Why not both? Being healthy is beautiful. I would never dye my hair to cover the grey, when it does happen. I believe that grey hair is beautiful. Call me odd, but I have always been a fan of grey hair. I look forward to having my own someday.

10. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    If I were to choose, I would prefer health. Beauty is something that might soon be gone if trends change or if preferences change. But health is something that we should all cherish because our bodies can be very vulnerable to sickness. If you live healthy, you would feel good, and that would soon translate to looking beautiful in its deepest sense.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I would prefer health over beauty on any given day as I believe beauty comes with age and then fades, but if you have a good health then you will rarely have any trouble in life.

12. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I have never heard of one instance where dying hair has caused cancer. It may be a possibility -- but if it is it rarely happens. I would probably not change my beauty or grooming habits for that reason. If it came out that more substantial and convincing research has shown a connection -- I might reconsider my position.

13. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Health and beauty should always go hand-in-hand. If you are healthy, it will show. That is why some people say that you have a certain glow or aura. If you will eat healthy kinds of food such as vegetables and fruit, you will have clearer skin, healthier hair, etc.