Healthy alcoholic drink?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love drinking although I don't do it much. I only do it very occasionally. But nevertheless, when I get my next shot of an alcoholic drink or beverage, I want it to have the least bad effect. I only know of beer and wine. They have good benefits, but they also have bad ones.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    There are many myths and rumors when it comes to the health benefits of alcoholic beverages and that is all they are - myths. Just because something is sources from a healthy fruit doesn't mean that benefit gets into the alcohol. Beer and wine are a little better in that regard as they aren't distilled. Drinks mixed with juices at least have the benefits of the juice. Vodka and orange juice is better than rum and coke for example.

If I were really trying for a healthier drink, I would go with a Caesar. The Clamato Juice (Clam and tomato for those who are unfamiliar with this common Canadian mix) is healthy and the stick of celery is good for you too.
    1.5 Oz. of Vodka
    A splash or two of Worcestershire sauce
    A splash of Tabasco sauce
    Top up an 8 ounce glass with Clamato juice and serve in a celery salt rimmed glass with a celery stick.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there are truly "healthy" alcoholic drinks, but there are drinks that are less worse for you than others. The whole key is moderation. As long as you're being moderate and reasonable about your drinking, it's not a big deal to indulge every once in awhile. But I will mirror what was said above - choosing healthier mixers is a small way to make a drink a little "better" than other alternatives.