Healthy Choice

Discussion in Product Reviews started by dorothymoreno • Dec 19, 2012.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

Has anybody tried this product? I have tried it and it is very good. It doesn't cost much and you can find it in your area grocery store. There are different kinds, I especially like the four cheeses ziti marinara it is very cheesy and quick to make. My familly really liked it and was asking for more. If you would like to try the product yourself here is a link where you can get a dollar off when you buy any kind of the Healthy Choice product. The link is

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat the Healthy Choice dinners years ago. I worked second shift at an insurance company and I eat one for dinner almost every night. They are very tasty. I also ate a side salad with the dinner. I liked Healthy Choice more than the Lean Cuisine dinners.

3. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Yes I used to always eat Healthy Choice for breakfast and sometimes for lunch or dinner. Though I only ate that once in a while. Now it's not healthy if you eat it everyday for each meal or even everyday at all as there are many chemicals and unhealthy things that could damage or hurt your health overtime.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to eat too many microwave or convenience meals. For me, they just aren't very good food. Instead, I'm trying to make a habit of cooking something from whole foods and from scratch every Sunday night and eating leftovers most of the week for lunch. That way I can bring my lunch to work with me (save money) and eat really good really yummy really healthy foods.

5. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    I don't eat that much stuff like this either, but I actually liked the Healthy Choice when I tried it, so for something fast and simple every now and again I think I will be grabbing some of the Healthy Choice.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The link doesn't work but I don't think it is a healthy choice. Judging by your description it is ready-made processed food. Why would you buy a marinara cheese sauce when you can easily make your own from fresh ingredients?

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't buy it either. It might be a little better than some of the other microwave meals in terms of nutrition, but not by much. And I find that I can make much healthier dishes for much cheaper prices on my own. I can make it at night for dinner and then have the leftovers for lunch if I want a microwaved option.

8. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly. It's so much cheaper and healthier to make your own and then eat leftovers for lunch. I can't understand how someone with my budget could afford to eat microwaved meals all week long. And it certainly doesn't score big on nutrition to me. Maybe Healthy Choice is a little better, but it's not health food. :)

9. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've only tried Healthy Choice soups however I refrain from the frozen dinners since there are many chemicals in the processed foods and many times added salt which is not good for you. You may be best off preparing a huge pot meal and then storing them in separate containers in the freezer until they are ready to eat.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have used the healthy choice frozen dinners for years. Like you said they are economical for the most part, and the meals themselves are pretty good. I especially like their pepper fish dinner. This one is really good in my opinion, I also like the convenience of these meals. You can take them for lunch or have them for a simple meal in the evening.

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to eat Healthy Choice meals a lot. But I noticed that I when I did, I was very hungry very soon. So I stopped.

12. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is still a little pricey. But I do think it is a superior product to a lot of the competing products. I don't buy frozen meals anymore though since I work from home. I know I tried some of the pasta ones. I do remember really liking the Chicken Margherita.

13. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Same here. Packaged foods generally have too much salt and/or sugar and then there's all the preservatives. It's a lot healthier to prepare your own food in large quantity on the weekend and separate it into individual servings for the week or even to freeze. Salads and other foods are so easy to prepare and take with you and they are more healthy as well.

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I think they taste alright. Its not that costly for me because I live alone. I also like Smart Ones to mix it up. I enjoy the pizza. At least its healthier and less calories than regular pizza. I find the cheapest place to buy them is Walmart.

15. vincenzaharrison

vincenzaharrisonNew Member

Threads:
    Yes I used to always eat Healthy Choice for breakfast and sometimes for lunch or dinner.

________
    Aside from the Angela story, the eighth episode of

just felt sort of "meh."

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not tried the dinners, but I do like the soup. The meals do not have as much sodium as some of the other products offered. I like to make my own soup but I keep a few cans on hand for emergencies.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I recently tried some of the healthy choice meals but i did not like it at all i tried the club one and the santa fe and it didn't taste good at all so i think i'm done with those.

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I recently tried some of the healthy choice meals but i did not like it at all i tried the club one and the santa fe and it didn't taste good at all so i think i'm done with those.

19. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    Thanks for all you replies on Healthy choice, I also like making my meals homemade most of t he time but when nobody wants to cook or have had a busy day maybe, then healthy choice is a good choice, but I wouldn't want to have it everyday!! Just a lazy day snack or quick lunch for us and we liked it.

20. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I was unable to see the link you provided, therefore I don't know which healthy choice dinner plate you were referring to. I do not eat healthy choice dinners and hvae never tried that brand. I have heard a lot of great things about it and it seems to be much healthier than a lot of other dinner plate. I personally don't think any dinner plate is healthy because it's processed foods. I may give it a try because I love the idea of sticking something in a microwave for 3 to 5 minutes then my meal is ready. Processed or not, I love it!